How Much Does and Expander Cost Along with a Lift and Areola Reduction? (photo)

Previously I asked what is the best procedure/combo of procedures to fix my severe asymmetry.Some surgeons mentioned I should get a tissue expander on the top part of the smaller breast because there is little tissue above the nipple and because my nipple sits so high. How much does expander procedure cost along w/ a lift w/areola reduction on the larger breast for the first surgery. I think doing the first surgery before getting large implants will give me the best symmetry?

Lowering an Areola

+1

There are many tricks that can be performed to lower an areola while lifting the other breast short of a tissue expander.  Speak with a board certifed plastic surgeon experienced with both tissue expanders and revising other breasts.

How Much Does and Expander Cost Along with a Lift and Areola Reduction?

+1

There are always so many ways or options to decide upon. I might consider using a unilateral BRAVA expansion devise for 3 months 24/7. This might increase the left side. Than as Stage I do a right lift reduction for symmetry of the shape/volume/NA complex. Stage II would be a UHP or Sientra silicone implant. Again just my thoughts. Or I might ry lipo with fat grafting to the breasts. 

?Expander

+1

Even with the single photo posted with arms partly elevated I am not convinced that a tissue expander is in order for you. The nipple and areola appear a bit high, but might look normal in the "standard" pose with the arms at your sides.A properly positioned implant on that side should give a nice result. A procedure on the other side that includes a skin reduction should give a nice improvement in symmetry.If that side is OK for volume, a lift alone should accomplish this.

Thanks for ;your question, and for the attached photos. All the best.

Expanders in Cosmetic Surgery are not Common, but are helpful in certain situations.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question an photos.

I agree with the other surgeons that tissue expanders are not commonly used in cosmetic surgery, it is more of a reconstructional procedure.  However this being said, you do have a very large breast asymmetry that can be helped with tissue expanders.  You should contact a surgeon who is used to using tissue expanders for correction of asymmetries such as this.  The most common correction for your asymmetry is augmentation with different sized breast implants, and a lift to the lower side.  This can be done in one surgery.  Using a tissue expander may be able to avoid a lift all together if the expander is placed in a manner to equalize the breast envelope.  Multiple measurements need to be taken by your surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this type of procedure.  Price for this varies from surgeon to surgeon, but will probably be close to what a breast augmentation costs from a given surgeon.  Also, realize that with a tissue expander, you need to follow up with your surgeon on a weekly basis to fill the expander and monitor its progress.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgical procedure

+1

I think that you have to go for an exam first. Having your arms elevated at your side will falsely elevate your nipples. 

Best Breast Surgery for Me and Costs?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Not to confuse you, but I am not sure why a tissue expander would be necessary in your case.  You should be aware that receiving a variety of different opinions/options is par for the course when it comes to the field of plastic surgery.

Therefore, it is up to the patient to do his/her own due diligence in the selection of plastic surgeon.  I suggest that you make this selection based on seeing lots of examples of his/her work and (preferably) speaking to patients who have had similar work done.

You will find that, just like  the differing opinions you will receive, costs of surgery will vary from one practice to another and from one region to another.

Therefore, your first step is to find the plastic surgeon who you feel most likely can achieve your goals.  Then, you will mutually decide upon the best procedure to help achieve your goals.  Then, cost of surgery can be determined based on exactly what procedure is decided upon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Treatment of breast asymmetry

+1

I think going with an expander may not be your best option but it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. It is very common to use different sized breast implants but the planning must be right to respect your natural breast measurements. Having said this, it is difficult to give too much advice with one photo. The best evaluation will be in person where your arms can be down at your side. Your left nipple has a suggestion of being a little tuberous not because of the lower breast but because of the shape of your areola (puffy). I would recommend you see a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who can perform a thorough breast exam and them make recommendations to you. Remember, your breasts are always "sisters, not twins"

I wish you well

Dr. Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

How much?

+1

Thanks for your post. Prices vary too much to give you a good estimate. They're also different from city to city. You should call around PS offices and find out what they charge for the operations. Having a consult with a board certified PS is the best thing you can do before moving forward. After the exam the surgeon can tell you whether you need an expander as opposed of to acting on advise from the internet. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.