What All Needs to Be Done to Fix my Breast Assymetry? (photo)

I have done so much research on breast augmentation and am ready to schedule a surgery.I want to make sure I am going with the right surgeon that has experience with breast assymetry.I would like to have 34D-DD as an end result, but i don't know if this is possible with my left breast being MUCH smaller than the right. The left breast is an A while the right is a large C.I have read that removing breast tissue from the larger breast should be done, as well as a lollipop lift for nipple symmetry.

Breast augmentation and lift

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  Breast augmentation using different size implants and a breast lift of your larger breasts will be needed to accomplish your goal.  A small reduction of the smaller breast, particularly of the lower pole may also be beneficial and can be performed as part of the breast lift.  There are other options but they all involve staging your surgery such as sequential fat grafting or placing an expander to the smaller breast first.  I think you will get a good result with breast augmentation and lift at the same time but you will have to be sure you select a board certified plastic surgeon that can show you good results with comparable type patients

Dr Remus Repta

Fixing Breast Asymmetry

+2

I think you are on the right track with a lift on the right to help even out your nipple positions and then the use of breast implants of different sizes to help balance out the volume differences in your breasts.  The size question of d to dd is not a problem on the right side because you are already at a c.  On the left, it may be difficult to get all the way to dd because your skin may not accommodate that large of an implant.  When your surgeon examines you, he or she can put a small amount of stretch on your skin and get a very good idea of whether or not it will fit over that large of an implant.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Complicated Cases with Creative Solutions.

+2

Hello, and thank you for your question and photo.

Clearly you have a very complicated problem with asymmetry of the nipple position, nipple size, and size and shape of the breasts.  The traditional approach to this problem is a breast lift to the right breast and placement of a large implant on the left.  However, you have a high nipple on the left and this would not change with this solution.  Another possibility is to place a tissue expander in the upper portion of the left breast first, and gradually stretch the upper portion of the left breast selectively so that the nipple will drop.  Also, the areola will stretch in the process.  This is to make the skin envelope and areola more symmetrical with the right.  The second stage would be to do the breast augmentation with different size implants.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Correction of severe breast asymmetry

+2

Thank you for sharing your story and photos.  I think that your asymmetry can be improved through surgery on both breasts, but it is unlikely that any procedure or combination of procedures will make your breasts match exactly.    I would recommend placement of a tissue expander on the left (smaller) side and an implant on the right side.  Once both breasts are the desired size, I would do a second procedure to address nipple placement and areola size (a breast lift) on the right breast.  With this degree of asymmetry, I think two separate procedures are warranted to achieve the best result.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Best Way to Correct Breast Asymmetry?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

To improve your breast asymmetry, I would suggest a breast lift/reduction operation on your right side to achieve as much symmetry of your native breast tissue as possible. Since your goal is to have larger breasts, breast augmentation of both breasts will be indicated.

You are wise in doing your due diligence in the selection of plastic surgeon. Make sure you select a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with breast asymmetry. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and preferably communicate with patients who have undergone similar surgery.

During the communication process with your plastic surgeon, I would suggest that you not base your communication achieving a specific cup size. Cup sizes may vary from one bra manufacturer to another;  discussing your goals based on achieving a specific cup size can be potentially confusing.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful in the communication process.

Repairing Breast Asymmetry

+2

You certainly have 2 different breasts and correction will require a different approach on each breast. I think that a lollipop mastopexy with areolar reduction on the right breast , combined with an implant on the smaller left breast should help you achieve god symmetry. If you want the breasts to be larger, than you will need a lift/areolar reduction/implant on right, and a much larger implant on the left.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Asymmetry?

+2

Thank you for your question and for the attached photo.

I note in the photos the rather marked size difference that you describe. The right breast looks otherwise quite normal, though with a bit of sag. The left breast has in addition to less breast tissue a considerable smaller areola, and one which is a bit on the high side. 

On the right side, an implant should fill in the upper part of the breast so that the areola no longer appears to be too high on the breast.  It would take an in person exam to know if an implant could be chosen that will get you to your desired size and  result in an attractive breast. Sometimes, women must choose between the size they really want (and an unusual appearing breast) and a smaller size that will look more normal and real.

On the left side, a lift will be needed to get best symmetry, elevating and reducing the areola, and removing some of the excess skin compared to the right side. An implant will get you to a larger size. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast asymmetry?

+2

Thanks your for your post and questions. Your photos do show quite a bit of asymmetry. Generally, it is possible to improve this type of symmetry dramatically by using different size breast implants. The bigger breast implant would be placed in the smaller left breast and so on. The most pressing asymmetry, however, has to do with your nipple position and areola size difference. The areola and nipple must be addressed to have the best symmetry and you might want to consider at least an areola lift when discussing the issues with your surgeon. Specific recommendations can only be accomplished via a full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Asymmetry

+1

You will require a combination of procedures including implants or tissue expanders for the left and a lift with a different or similar sized implant for the right.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1

Breast Augmentation and lift will be able to produce a nice result in you.  The lower pole skin on the left can be reduced at the time of augmentation.  The right breast can be augmented with a smaller implant and lifted as a full breast lift.