Boil-like Bumps After SmartLipo

I had Smartlipo one month ago on my upper arms and armpits. About 2 weeks ago, I began to have either boils or pustules under one armpit only. It started to get better but now the other armpit is breaking out with these painful boil-like bumps. I have never experienced anything like this prior to the surgery and I fear it is a permanent situation. I know I need to get in to see my doctor, but I am very nervous. Is it possible that the procedure caused, like a bacterial infection from the surgery that is causing the boils? What can I do to make these disappear?

You need to make an appointment immediately for evaluation with your treating physician!

+2

You need to make an appointment immediately for evaluation with your treating physician! There are several potential causes, and an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment is required.

Thanks for your question.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Infection after Lipo

+1

You should contact your surgeon immediately to make sure that you do not have an infection. This can be a very bad thing and should be investigated ASAP!