Bodytite, vaser, laser or microcannular tumescent liposuction will give the best results? confused! (photo)

I dont want a tummy tuck. I have no kids.lost weight 4 Surgeons have advised me something different Surgeon 1-advised not to have vaser lipo but to have a tummy tuck as i have poor skin laxity and stretch marks. Surgeon 2-advised not to get a tummy tuck as my skin isnt that loose and all i need is skin tightening so advised me to get laser. But would still not leave loose skin. Surgeon 3-advised me to get microcannular lipo as i would get less scarring and quicker healing. But also said I would have alittle loose skin.

Bodytite, vaser, laser or microcannular tumescent liposuction will give the best results? confused!

+2

The surgeon is the key factor in liposuction and not the method.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction

+2

The decision for liposuction depends on the skin elasticity. If the skin has lost it's elasticity then liposuction alone will cause waviness of the skin. This can be determined only by physical examination.

You need to communicate with your surgeon what is the final look you desire.

As which method of liposuction, it all depends on the experience of the surgeon. Plain tumescent liposuction remains the gold standard. The use of energy with liposuction causes more damage and scarring. Remember everybody wants to sell the superiority of the machine. It should be the superiority of the surgeon. Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery), who you can develop a trust and working relationship, be available to you before and after surgery.

Based on the picture posted, you will benefit from liposuction abdomen and flanks, possibly a mini-tummy tuck.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Practitioner Most Important

+1
Great results can be had with traditional Tumescent Liposuction performed with local anesthesia.  A recently published article showed no true advantage to laser assisted liposuction.  It is the skill and artistry of the surgeon that is the most important element.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon