BodyTite Procedure. Is it Safe?

how big are scars? is there possibility of getting the "ripple effect" after procedure. can u get burnt? i am worried because the plastic surgeon i have been recommended is performing it under a local anesthetic. is this normal?

Bodytite Results

+1

If the plastic surgeon has a lot of experience with this modality you are less likely to have problems.  Performing this under local is really a judgement call.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Body Tite and Nonsurgical Skin Tightening

+1

I agree with Dr Baxter, and add that you are more likely to see nothing at all or have complications then get a significantly good result.  Unfortunately, the Holy Grail of non-surgical, clinically meaningful skin tightening has not been obtained.  If you have sagging skin of the face, droopy breasts, or hanging abdominal skin, your best option is still surgery that at least in part, removes skin.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Do your homework before BodyTite

+1

The BodyTite procedure uses radiofrequency energy to heat the tissues under the skin and produce tightening. Another example of RF is Thermage, which is different in that it is nonivasive. I don't have personal experience doing BodyTite but have seen cases where it was done and produced significant scarring and uneven contours. It may be a good procedure by the right surgeon on the right patient, but I would advise being fully informed about what to expect.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.