Weight Playing an Important Factor in Smart Lipo or Liposuction?

I am interesting in getting my arms and back done. I weigh 235 lbs, I am down from 320 lbs. I am 31 years old and skin is healthy. I wanted to know, is it okay for me to get Smart Lipo or Liposuction now or wait until I lose more weight? My arms are heavy and sagging. I want to be happy with my results.

Liposuction doesn't work after massive weight loss

+2

You say that you want to be happy with your results so wait until you have lost all the weight and kept it down for 6 months before having any body contouring. Unfortunately, even without seeing you, there is no way that you have "healthy" skin especially when you say it is already heavy and sagging. Anybody who lets their weight get up into the 300's should be congratulated heartily for getting it down, but the reality is that you will need skin removal surgeries as no kind of liposuction will fix what you will be left with.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

While it is great that you have lost so much weight you should wait to have liposuction if at all until your weight is stable. More than likely you will need some kind of skin excision with the amount of laxity you will probably have after you complete your weight loss.

Liposuctioning while losing weight

+1

You should not have anything done until you have lost the weight you are going to lose. There will be many changes that will occur with massive weight loss. Liposuction will only be used as an adjunct procedure. Most of the improvements will be through actual cutting out the excess skin and fat. Liposuctioning will not make much of a difference after massive weight loss.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon