Body Rejecting Sutures/stitches After Eyelid Surgery?

I had several moles/growths removed off my face along with eyelid surgery for droopy eyelids. Sutures for the growths pussed up like a thorn/splinter and had to remove most of the sutures by hand.....whereas, the sutures for my eyelids did not want to dissolve. It's been 1 1/2 yrs and I'm still getting steroid injections in my eyelids to help them dissolve.

Persistent eyelid irritation 1.5 years after surgery

+2

What you are describing is very unusual.  Possible reasons for your continued eyelid problem include chronic infection (possibly mycobacterium) and foreign body reaction/granuloma (possibly from sutures, etc). Steroid injections are unlikely to resolve these problems.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for consideration of exploration.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon