Can the Body Reject a Chin Implant?

I am very interested in getting a chin implant but my only worry is that my body will reject it at some point in my life if not right away. My body both and immune system and highly sensitive. What would you say my risk of having my body reject a chin implant is? Thank You

Rejection of chin implant is rare

+1

We have never seen a chin implant get rejected in 20 years of private practice. We do place patients on antibiotics to make sure there is no infection for the first week or so after the chin implant has been placed. The chin implant material that we use is made of silastic manufactured by Implantech and it is an inert substance that feels and looks natural.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Reject a chin implant

+1

It is possible to have a rejection of the implant but most likely it was an infection. But if you feel like there will be a rejection than why do the surgery? Discuss in person with your surgeon of choice.

From MIAMI DR. B

Chances of chin implant rejection for chin enlargement

+1

Chin implants This is a risk that occurs with any Thiely get truly "rejected". However, they can become infected or migrate and become exposed. These risks can be reduced using certain techniques and implants but it is best to discuss with your surgeon.

Implant rejection

+1

The implant material is inert, and not "living" material, so therefore, it can not be rejected.  Depending on the implant, it may migrate, or become dislodged.  Infection may occur, and other complications may result.

I would recommend that you see your plastic surgeon AND your rheumatologist.

Web reference: http://www.southlakeplasticsurgeon.com/gallery/chinaugmentation1.html

A chin implant all most never causes an allergic reaction and rejection.

+1

Most chin implants are made of solid silicone and this is one of the least reactive substances known to man. There for there is little chance that you will reject a chin implant. There is a small risk of infection which could lead to the loss of a chin implant. I feel that it is safer to put the implant in through a small incision through the skin under the chin.