What will my body look like 2 years post-Lipo?

Hi, I consider myself to be fairly fit - I am 5'4", 135 lbs - I work out 3-4x a week doing cardio and strength training. I am about a size 6 in US sizes.  I'm considering to get lipo on my inner thighs, so they do not 'touch' anymore. I just like the skinny jeans look, and my thighs have always looked a bit thick due to that pocket of fat. However, after reading this forum (especially the "did you gain weight after liposuction"), I am hesitating on getting liposuction. I definitely do not want the fat to return, or redistribute itself in a different area such as my arms or my back. If my body does not need much liposuction, would that still pose a big risk for me? If so, I'll run far away from lipo... but if it's very unlikely that it would happen, I'll still consider it.

The inner thighs respond well to artfully performed liposuction.

+1

It sounds like you are living a healthy lifestyle.  If you maintain your present weight following liposuction, you should not be concerned about redistribution of the fat. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

One area of lipo usually not a cause of fat redistribution

+1

Liposuction of the inner thigh -- or one area of liposuction -- does not usually cause a problem with fat redistribution or weight gain. As long as you have good skin tone and are within a normal body mass index, you should expect excellent results.

Donna Rich, MD

Appearance two years after liposuction

+1
If you maintain your weight and exercise habits, your result should be lasting. If your weight yo-yos, this would negatively affect the outcome two years down the road. Liposuction will neither increase or decrease your propensity for gaining weight going forward.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction results

+1

it seems that you have a healthy lifestyle and therefore, after liposuction I expect you to be able to maintain your results long term.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Liposuction long term results

+1

If your weight is stable than the liposuction result should last. If you gain weight fat cells in other areas may enlarge.

+1

To lipo or not to lipo that is the question! Need in person evaluations from boarded PSs in FaiFax, like Dr Tal Munasifi. 

Liposuction for inherited body shapes

+1

The best candidate for liposuction is someone at their ideal body weight, with localized fat deposits. An inherited body shape such as a full inner thigh, or a saddlebag which stays put with exercise is perfect for sculpting with liposuction. Will the fat just go elsewhere? Unlikely.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

I think it woulf be fine

+1

Although you didn't give us pictures, you are obviously not a big person.  Inner thigh liposuction is fine as long as it is not overdone.  A small amount of fat removal from that area (100 -150 cc) is not likely to result in much difference in the way fat is distributed around your body.  Also, if it is done in a careful way, without removing too much fat, I don't think irregularity or wrinkling is a big concern.  In general, after liposuction is done, when you gain weight, the fat is evenly distributed to other parts of your body.  It's not that fat removal in your tummy will suddenly make your hips bigger.   This is because you don't make new fat cells, you just store the additional fat in the fat cells you already have. I think you are probably a good candidate for liposuction, just don't over do it.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

You need a ace-to-face consultation and examination to determine if you are a good candidate for inner thigh liposuction. The fitter you are and the smaller the amount of liposuction, the less change you should expect to other areas of the body. If your general physique and lifestyle does not change, your results should be relatively stable.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Inner thigh lipo - a red flag area!!

+1

Inner thigh lipo is one of the worst areas to have this done because the skin is so thin and shrinks poorly.  If you can at all avoid it, I would!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS