What is a Body Lift

What exactly is a body lift? Am I a good candidate if I just lost 100 lbs and am dealing with lose and hanging skin? I am trying to find out if it is a lot different than a tummy tuck.

What is a body lift?

+1

Great job!! I would wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

Body Lift

+1

A Body lift is also known as a Lower body lift or a Circumferential Abdominoplasty is a powerful tool that removes the excess of skin and lifts the central ptotic (droopy) parts of the lower abdomen, flanks, and thighs and buttocks. It is a powerful operation that addresses the core issue of massive weight loss and aging. In some ways it is a tummy tuck that is carried to the sides and the back.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Body lift

+1

A body lift is a ambiguous term.  It is somtiems referred to a circumferential abdominoplasty or torsoplasty as well.  It encorporated removing tissue from the lwoer abdomen, lifting the pubic area and then doing the sam on the lower back to lift the buttock region.

What is a body lift?

+1

A body lift generally refers to a procedure known as a belt lipectomy a.k.a. circumferential body lift. These procedures are usually tailored for a patient who has experience significant weight loss or have excess skin and fat extended to their back/flanks and buttock areas. These procedures are designed to recontour the entire waist and lower trunk.

They include 3 procedures in one

1. Extended Tummy Tuck 
2. Waist lift/lateral thigh lift 
3. buttock lift with the possible of buttock augmentation using your own excess tissue.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What is a body lift?

+1

Thanks for your question -

In our San Francisco area practice we perform body lift procedures frequently.  A body lift includes an abdominoplasty (resection of skin and fat from the abdomen and tightening of the abdominal wall muscles).  But there is additional tissue resected from the flanks and and the back.  It typically requires more drains and a longer recovery.

If you've lost significant weight it may be the most effective way to completely transform the way your body looks.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Body Lift: What is it? Am I a candidate

+1

A body lift is a general term for body contouring procedures that aim to remove excess skin in order to contour the skin onto the underlying body.  The traditional tummy tuck only removes skin from the abdomen.  A body lift can tighten and remove the skin circumferentially around the waist to create 360 degrees of shape.  In patients with significant weight loss, a board certified plastic surgeon can perform this type of contouring over the trunk, thighs, back, breasts, face and neck.  This creates a sensual and beautiful result with incisions that are strategically hidden.  The result is an aesthetic and beautiful contour and balance for the whole body.

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What is a Body Lift?

+1

A body lift is essentially a removal of excess skin circumfrentially around the trunk.  This incorporates an abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck), flank ( side) excsions with lifting of the lateral thighs, and a buttock lift.  When someone has lost a lot of weight, the excess skin often becomes a big issue for them, and a full body lift can help to address those issues.  However, it is a pretty extensive surgery with a long recovery time, so it requires good planning for the post-operative care.  The only way to know if you are a candidate would be to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and see what they recommend.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

360 body lift circumferential body lift plastic surgery after massive weight loss

+1

A body lift  is a now common reconstructive procedure preformed after massive weight loss.  The incision follows the belt line and extends from the pubic region to the hips and meets in the back.  The beauty of the procedure is that it removes skin and fat from the abdomen, lateral hips, and buttocks all at the same time. The result is a flat abdomen, smooth hips, and a raised and contoured buttock. 

I believe you would be an ideal candidate for a body lift. It is very important that your weight has stabilized and that you are not losing much more weight. 

The body lift is different from a tummy tuck in that the body lift goes completely around your body.  The tummy tuck only addresses your abdomen.  The body lift addresses the abdomen, hips, and buttocks.    Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Sincerely, J. Timothy Katzen, MD

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS