Does a Body Lift Include Arm / Breast Lift?

Are arm lift and breast lift part of the body lift procedure? Those are two of the main surgeries I want, but from what I can tell, they're not actually part of a body lift.

What is included in a body lift

+2

The term body lift does not have a strict definition adhered to by all. Most surgeons use "body lift" to refer to a "lower body lift" procedure involving a circumferential (all the way around) incision along the lower trunk, including a tummy tuck and excision of excess skin from the lower back, while lifting the buttocks and outer thighs during the same procedure. It is also known as a belt lipectomy or lower body lift. There is another term "upper body lift" which refers to excision of the upper back roll, and can also include breast lift and arm lift depending on what you need. Upper body lift and lower body lift are entirely different procedures, with different risks and recovery times. Some surgeons and patients also use the term "total body lift" to encompass all of the various body contouring procedures they have had. The best thing to do is be specific about what your goals are, and together with your surgeon choose the appropriate procedures to accomplish your goal.

What is a body lift?

+2

Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).

Since your concerns are focusing on the breast and arms, I would discuss options for an upper body lift also known as an upper trunk lift.  These procedure usually include an arm lift + upper trunk lift (treated excess skin below your arm pit on your sides) + breast lift (a lift and/or augmentation). 

For treatment of your arms and breasts - the basic principle applies: you must accept some degree of scar to achieve that much better form.   Patients experience fantastic results from these procedures.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Body lift could be many things

+2

In my practice I do not usually name procedures like that. It lacks a personal design according to need. All patients require something different. Specially after loosing weight . Must patients in that category have loss of some elasticity and will require not only an abdominoplasty with extended incisions but perhaps a butt lift, arm lift and breast lift. In many occations a back lift. Make sure your doctor is very specific on your designed operation, number of stages and the detail involved. Once you understand all the detail, it will make a lot of sense to you as a consumer and patient.

Luis A. Vinas, MD

What Is Meant By a Body Lift?

+1

The term "body  lift" is used variously by plastic surgeons. It does not necessarily refer to an exact sequence of surgical steps or even a very exact body location.  In general, a lower body lift refers to a tummy tuck and buttock /back lift.  An upper body lift extends a breast lift all the way around the trunk to the upper back removing skin excess in the bra line.  It does not much matter what you call the operation, but it does matter that  your concerns are being addressed.  Find a plastic surgeon, certifieid by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is experienced in plastic surgery for weight loss patients. Your surgeon  can help you develop a personalized plan that will accomplish your goals safely and efficiently.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Probably Benefit From Upper Body Lifting

+1

There is often confusion with the terminology;  most people use the terms body lift and lower body lift interchangeably.  Based on  the description of your goals  it sounds like you may benefit from arm lifting and breast lifting surgery (both considered separate procedures).

Upper  body lifting,  which involves surgery of  infra axillary areas and upper back skin/adipose tissue.

Does a body lift include an arm/breast lift?

+1

A body lift is a combination of an abdominoplasty and lateral thigh/buttock lift. The scar goes around the entire waist. Breast and arm lifts can be performed at the same time as the body lift but are separate procedures with added costs.

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

A body lift usually refers to a circumferential excision of skin and fat from the patient's mid section as well as tightening the abdominal muscles. It does not involve the arms or the breasts although it may be combined with these other procedures at the same time. I would recommend you discuss your particular desires with a surgeon you are comfortable with to determine which procedures would be best for you.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

What a lower body lift is

+1

A lower body lift sometimes just called a body lift is a circumferential lift of the waist hip and buttock, while correcting the anterior abdomen much like a tummy tuck as well. There will be improvement in the lateral and inner thigh though it is not a thigh lift, and any correction of the arm or breast is also a separate procedure.

peterejohnsonmd

Body lift

+1

Body lift, arm list and breast lift all are separate and distinct procedures. Many time more than one procedure can be performed at the same surgical setting.

David L. Abramson, MD

Body lift vs other parts

+1

A bo dy lift usually refers to the lower body and abdomen and not the arms or the breasts.  This I would treat at a different time.