Lower Body Lift - Only on One Side?

I had liposuction on my hips and buttocks and now I have a 4 inch sag line of loose skin under one buttock but not the other. My buttocks are the same size now and my doctor says one side sags more than the other because one side was originally larger than the other. Could I get a lower body lift on only one side, since nothing at all is wrong with the other side? I'd prefer just to lift a four inch area above the 4 inch sag area, vs have a beltline scar all the way around my body.

Lower body lift on only one side is possible!

+1

Not only is it possible, but may, in your case, be optimal to improve the concern you have. If one side is "fine" then why do an operation here? As others have suggested, direct examination is necessary to give the best advice, but your photo and you detailed description make it clear to me that your concern is only with the one side. The Pitanguy lift scar in the buttock crease is visible with most bathing suit bottoms, and even if both sides were to be done, you will NOT like these scars. Doing a one-sided buttock/thigh lift with a belt-position incision will improve but not eliminate the loose skin under the buttock, but it will not leave a scar deformity that in my opinion is WORSE than the original cosmetic concern!

Having said that, it will take a significantly longer scar than 4 inches to lift a 4-inch sag below the buttock crease. This is because the excision must be elliptical in shape, and the degree of lift is directly proportional to the width of the excision over the 4 inches of sag. This will require at least an 8-12 inch excision for any chance at a reasonable improvement. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/lower-body-lift.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral thigh lift

+1

It looks, from your photo, that the buttock crease is the most prominent feature.  I suspect this is related directly to your recent liposuction.

There are several alternatives to fix this:

1)  Unilateral lateral thigh lift with waist-height incision.

2)  Direct buttock crease skin excision & tightening ("pitanguy style")

3)  fat grafting to buttock crease to reduce crease depth

I would need to see you in person, exam the area, and discuss the options with you to sort out which is the best one for your needs.

Lower Body Lift

+1

Thank you for posting a photo. Looking at your picture you don't look as though you would need a true lower body lift. The lower body lift incision goes around the body and addresses laxity in the abdomen and outer thighs. For some patients like yourself I do only the outer thigh lift so the incision is just along the sides and back. 

Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

One sided lower body lift

+1

While not common, lifting only one side of the lower body can be done. You may have a better result if both sides are treated but that can be determined after you are evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift

+1

Your are more than likely better off to have the body lift on both sides. However, an exam would be cirtical to determine what would best suit you.

Lower Body Lift versus Spiral Thigh Lift

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without feeling your tissue laxity.  Your skin laxity is more than likely a result of your liposuction and related to your skin not contratcing well after the liposuction procedure. I do about 30 lower body lift per year for various reason.  However, in your case, we may be able to get a better result by doing a Spirla thigh lift procedure.  This is a new procedure and you will not find much about it.  See the link below for more information

Web reference: http://www.losangeles-thighlift.com/publications

Lower Body Lift - Only on One Side

+1

Thanks for posting a photo. What you are requesting is possible but there will be a unilateral scar. Plus you may still not be even or happy. Be careful out there. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091