Body Lift Revision

One of the reasons my proportions still look bad after my original Body Lift is that the whole butt was pulled long and flat, effectively accentuating the saddlebags and disproportionate thigh area.

If my revision goes through the original belt line (I'm told it must, to avoid blood flow problems) is there a way to just pull up the sides of the butt/thigh (and chase dog ear around to front)? I don't want to keep repeating the same issue with every "fix". I don't want to keep lifting the center butt, but the thighs need help.

Accentuation of saddle bags after body lift is not uncommon and may require saddle bag reduction...

+1

Accentuation of saddle bags after body lift is not uncommon.  This can either be due to significant removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen, hip, and buttock region leading to heighten visual awareness of the saddle bag region.  In addition, due to tension ones and the hips relaxing after a body lift, the saddle bags may accumulate after a body lift settles and falls postoperatively. 

Your questions are a little difficult to answer without pictures; however, I will suggest a saddle bag reduction instead of a repeat body lift.  Typically, the body lift will address the abdomen, lateral hips, and buttock region.  If the saddle bags are your primary concern, I will then consider a saddle bag reduction. 

Typically, this is done from an incision that is underneath the buttock that comes laterally over the hips and comes to join the body lift scar in the front.  This directly removes the saddle bags on the side.  Blood issue in this area has never been a problem for me after body lifts.  I have done a significant number of direct saddle bag reductions after body lifts without blood flow issues.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Second Stage Body Lift

+1

Afte lossing a large amount of weight it usually takes more than one procedure to get the best result.  For your next stage there would be no necessity to raise the buttock position.  The lateral thighs can be addressed from the same approach. of the body lift scar.  You might want to consider fat transfer to your buttocks to fill it out in a more natural shape.  There can be many options, so you need not be discouraged.  An in person exam would be needed to let you know what your options are.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Body Lift revision

+1

I am not sure I quite understand. You say that you had a body lift but then you refer to a dog ear. If you had a lower body lift the incision goes around the entire circumference of your body and you should have no dog ears present. Without seeing photos it is hard to speculate but if you are unhappy with your buttocks being flat and you have saddle bags present you could possibly do liposuction of the saddle bags and do a fat transfer to the buttocks for more volume. Doing liposuction would have to be assessed in person to see the quality of your skin and if it will contract well after surgery or will you be left with laxity that needs to be addressed surgically. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that has a lot of experience with weight loss patients a revision surgeries.

Dr. Bernard Shuster, Miami Florida

Bernard Shuster, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift

+1

In the revision after a body lift, Liposuction, removal of the all scar and  suspension of the  tissues including fascia need to be done ,.  The key for the revision is the evaluation of the individual case.

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift Revisions to meet your expectations.

+1

Revisions after lower body lifts are quite common. Lower body lift procedures usually involve the abdomen ,buttocks and outer thighs. There are several variations of this procedure however the ultimate goal is to improve contour. Issues related to skin laxity, fascial quality, and the distribution of fat related to these areas contribute to determining the final result.There are also considerations related to your present nutritional status and level of activity which may influence these results.

I believe that your areas of concern may be addressed not through removal of more tissue but by creating more volume in selected areas. This may be achieved through various techniques such as fat tansfer and autologous flaps. This may help to start a discussion/inquiry with a plastic surgeon regarding these areas of concern.

Nick Masri, MD

Body lift proportions

+1

Proportion is key in plastic surgery, and no one body part can be addressed in an isolated fashion. Body lift revisions can be done. The goal for a revision is not to repeat what was done, but rather to improve any areas that seem disproportionate. If you have laxity along the outer thighs and buttocks, that area can be targeted and lifted, without having to lift the central portion. Keep in mind the skin quality also plays a role in the final result and you can have some relaxation over time in what was previously a tight and smooth result. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon, and describing the specific results you are after. He or she can then discuss your options with you in better detail. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

Body Lift Revisions and Complications

+1

Body lift results are due to a combination of skin draping, fascial support, and final body fat contouring.  Surgical scars can be revised and in many cases, contour irregularities can be improved.  I perform many revisions or modifications on body lift procedures and find the end result satisfying to me and the patient as long as there is patience involved in the entire process. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Body Lift

+1

The point of a revision is to correct the deformed areas or areas that have not been previously corrected. Like any revision, Body lift revisions are not easy. Many of the ones that I do, are due to poor planning of the original operation. At the end, it will never look as good as the original one. Best of luck.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Body lift revision is a maybe

+1

I would need to see you to figure what might be done. Revisions are very individual as they vary depending upon the technique(s) used prior.

Best Regards.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift Revision is possible if there are enough tissues

+1

A revision of body lift is possible if there is enough excess skin or fat to redrap and remove. It is helpful to have a picture to allow an accurate diagnosis and a proper treatment plan.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS