How is Body Lift Recipient Positioned So Pelvic Torque is Evenly Balanced After Surgery?

The torso is so complicated and everything depends on proper pivoting I would imagine. Is the patient marked in many different positions. This must be hard to do correctly with an inanimate body . This must be terrible if something doesn't match up.

Lower Body Lift Markings: Laying down, standing and bending

+1

A lower body lift or circumferential body lift has many opposing forces which need to be taken into account to help predict and balance scar position. The key to the procedure is to not over lift the back side but lift the outer thighs and blend that with a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. I usually mark my lower body lift patients in the supine or semi-flexed position to mark the abdominal incision, which i then confirm in the standing position. The outer thighs are marked with the legs slightly spread in the standing position and even in the bathing suit or undergarments the patient wears. The back side is marked in the slightly stooped or bent over position to gage the buttock lift without sacrificing the abdominal position. The procedure is first performed in the prone (face down) and then supine (face up) position. Balancing these forces and accurately lifting these areas help to contribute to a great lower body lift result. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.