Body Lift + Liposuction for Weight Loss Patient?

I have lost 60 pounds I gained after having twins and a another baby. Resulting in excess saggy skin & fat around my belly and thighs. My height is 5'7" and weight is 215lbs. My BMI is 33. I'm not looking for a weight loss solution, but to enhance my trouble areas. I will attempt to lose more weight, before any procedures. What would be my best options? Please give me any suggestions. The photo are of the same day.

Timing of surgical procedures after weight loss

+1

Great job!! I would not get lipo now because your skin will not have the elasticity to snap back even if the fat is removed. One you have lost the weight you will have saggy skin and it can be removed at that time. I would wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

Weight loss and surgery

+1

Yes, the best thing to do is to continue with weight loss.  The way to have the best surgical results is to be at your lowest, stable weight prior to surgery.  From your photos, it seems that a tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck (tummy tuck with back lipectomy) would be a good option.  Liposuction may also be used a tool to get better contouring during surgery.

Best Wishes!

Body lift

+1

I would first lose weight and get down to an ideal place before undergoing a body lift. I do not combine it with liposuction.

Body Lift vs Extended Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photo you will likely benefit from a body lift or an extended tummy tuck.

A body lift generally refers to a procedure known as a belt lipectomy a.k.a. circumferential body lift. These procedures are usually tailored for a patient who has experience significant weight loss or have excess skin and fat extended to their back/flanks and buttock areas. These procedures are designed to recontour the entire waist and lower trunk.

They include 3 procedures:

•Tummy Tuck •Waist lift/lateral thigh lift •buttock lift

On the other hand, an extended tummy tuck focuses on the anterior abdomen and waist. I often perform liposuctioning of the waist to help contour this area too.

If your concerns are the anterior tummy and waist, I would likely guide you to an extended tummy tuck with lipo of the waist. Hope this helps. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Body Lift + Liposuction an individual case.

+1

.In looking at your picture I would advise a two step procedure for you. A body lift will make a large improvement in your trouble areas and can be done safely.  Liposuction of areas that are not involved in the body lift procedure can also be performed safely. However, I feel you will obtain the best result by having the body lift first and then, in a second procedure, having liposuction to really refine the overall body shape. I would recommend that you seek the consultation of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your individual goals.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Lower Body Lift

+1

A lower body lift is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD