Financing Options for Body Lift?

I had gastric bypass about 3 years ago and now am left with sagging skin. I want to get the body lift surgery but am scared that because I filed bankruptcy last year that I won't qualify. I don't have a co-signer either. Do I have options?

Financing for Surgery

+1

Unfortunately, medical insurance probably won't cover these procedures and if you are unable to get a loan (or someone to co-sign for you), it may be difficult to have the procedures performed.  Maybe researching the teaching hospitals near your area to see if they have any options for you.

Best of Luck!

Financing for surgey

+1

Unfortunately the inability to secure a loan because of previous bankruptcy is a problem for you.  Insurance does not usually scover this.

Bodylift Financing Options

+1

Unfortunately, the insurance company will only provide medical necessity/coverage for a panniculectomy.  This is removal of the abdominal skin apron that hangs below the belly button.   A bodylift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is not covered by health insurance.   If you are not a candidate for financing, you may consider approaching a teaching hospital or university medical center to have your procedure performed.

Paul S. Gill, MD

You can always try.....

+1

Body lift surgery is not inexpensive but there are financing options to try. Some are office-based.

Good luck,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Insurance and Body Lift surgery after weight loss

+1

The cost of body lift surgery is considered cosmetic in some situations and medical in others.  Speak to your insurance carrier about the requirements for body lift based on medical necessity. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Financing plastic surgery

+1

There are quite a few finance companies out there. In today's economy, people with good credit are being denied financing. It is unlikely that with a bankruptcy you will be approved for financing.

I also would suggest going to a plastic surgery training program to have residents perform your operations.  

Irvin M. Wiesman, MD

Financing options for body lift and credit history

+1

I'll try to be honest with you. Why would any financing company risk loaning you funds with your credit history? The risk is too great. Maybe go to a University Plastic Surgery training program for the surgery to be done with residents in training to save $'s. Regards.

Financing options

+1

As Dr. Placik has said, you should call plastic surgeons who do alot of this surgery and see what they can suggest. You are in a tough spot though because of the bankruptcy in terms of being a good credit risk. The main thing the surgeon would need is to be paid entirely iup front and you then pay somebody else over time after the surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Look for financing options on surgeon's websites

+1

I would visit the websites of surgeons you would consider and search for their financing options online. Many of these complanies allow you to submit an application online as well. Alternatively, some, but not many, surgeons offer in-house financing