Financing Options for Body Lift?

I had gastric bypass about 3 years ago and now am left with sagging skin. I want to get the body lift surgery but am scared that because I filed bankruptcy last year that I won't qualify. I don't have a co-signer either. Do I have options?

Cosmetic surgery financing

Many practices will allow patients to pay with credit cards. If a patient's credit is not ideal occasionally a family member will either lone them the money or cosign a loan with them. Other options include utilization of some type of credit designed specifically for cosmetic surgical patients. There are several different companies that provide loans for cosmetic surgery. The interest rates for thes types of loans are usually higher than a conventional lone because it is unsecured. Unsecured means that the lender has nothing they can take back' such as a car or a house' if a person fails to make the payments. Although there are many companies who make these type of loans two of the most popular lenders seem to be CareCredit and Prosper. Our patient's have had a good experience with both of these programs. Another popular company is Alpheon. These type of lending companies allow you to make your application over the Internet and provide an answer quickly. It is important however to find out beforehand whether their inquiry will effect your credit score. Some companies have what is called a "soft inquiry" which will not affect the your credit score. When considering a loan company such as these it is very important to understand the terms of the lone and the differences between different lending programs. Some of the questions that you should ask when comparing different lenders are: What are the amounts available? How long are the terms good for? What are the interest rates and do they change? Is the money funded directly to the doctor or the patient? What are the transaction fees.? Will the interest rate and monthly payment change during the life of the lone? Are there any pre-payment penalties? Will all treatments, procedures, medications and associated costs such as travel and lodging be covered. Each company is a little different. You should be careful in selecting the one that best fits your particular situation so that your financial obligation does not interfere with the potentially life changing experience of your cosmetic surgical procedure.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Financing for Surgery

Unfortunately, medical insurance probably won't cover these procedures and if you are unable to get a loan (or someone to co-sign for you), it may be difficult to have the procedures performed.  Maybe researching the teaching hospitals near your area to see if they have any options for you.

Best of Luck!

Financing for surgey

Unfortunately the inability to secure a loan because of previous bankruptcy is a problem for you.  Insurance does not usually scover this.

Bodylift Financing Options

Unfortunately, the insurance company will only provide medical necessity/coverage for a panniculectomy.  This is removal of the abdominal skin apron that hangs below the belly button.   A bodylift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is not covered by health insurance.   If you are not a candidate for financing, you may consider approaching a teaching hospital or university medical center to have your procedure performed.

Paul S. Gill, MD

You can always try.....

Body lift surgery is not inexpensive but there are financing options to try. Some are office-based.

Good luck,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Insurance and Body Lift surgery after weight loss

The cost of body lift surgery is considered cosmetic in some situations and medical in others.  Speak to your insurance carrier about the requirements for body lift based on medical necessity. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Financing plastic surgery

There are quite a few finance companies out there. In today's economy, people with good credit are being denied financing. It is unlikely that with a bankruptcy you will be approved for financing.

I also would suggest going to a plastic surgery training program to have residents perform your operations.  

Irvin M. Wiesman, MD

Financing options for body lift and credit history

I'll try to be honest with you. Why would any financing company risk loaning you funds with your credit history? The risk is too great. Maybe go to a University Plastic Surgery training program for the surgery to be done with residents in training to save $'s. Regards.

Financing options

As Dr. Placik has said, you should call plastic surgeons who do alot of this surgery and see what they can suggest. You are in a tough spot though because of the bankruptcy in terms of being a good credit risk. The main thing the surgeon would need is to be paid entirely iup front and you then pay somebody else over time after the surgery.

Look for financing options on surgeon's websites

I would visit the websites of surgeons you would consider and search for their financing options online. Many of these complanies allow you to submit an application online as well. Alternatively, some, but not many, surgeons offer in-house financing