Body by Laser For a Jump Start to Weight Loss. Am I a Good Candidate?

I am trying Body by Laser to help me jump start a weight loss of about 50 lbs. II have been dieting for months without any weight loss. I signed up for it through a groupon because the doctor said I was a good candidate. But, he is now pushing me to purchase a 12 procedure program for $2500 before I even have my groupon procedures done. I cannot seem to find a good description of what a good candidate is, can someone give me more detail? I am 5'5", 190 lbs, and 38 years old.

Lasers and Weight Loss

+1

Thank you for your question. Lasers are historically not a good way to lose weight.  In addition, liposuction is not a recommended  way to lose weight. You should first start with a dietician or nutritionist, and develop a diet plan, an exercise plan, and integrate this into your lifestyle. The lifestyle changes are necessary and important prior to your laser procedure. Surgery and external options are not always your best weight loss choice.    I recommend you see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, and evaluate all of  your options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Be skeptical of anyone pushing Body by Laser.

+1

Any physician who "pushes" a medically unnecessary procedure deserves scrutiny.  I would be very careful about a procedure the promises so much with little scientific scrutiny.