What is Body Jet Liposuction?

What can anyone tell me about the Body Jet water assisted Liposuction? I am excited to hear what anyone can tell me about the body jet water assisted Lipo. Is the down time less? Is the trauma less? Is healing time faster?

Body Jet liposuction

+1

To summarize in lay man's terms, Body Jet is a system which enables simultaneous jet spray inifltration and suction with the same cannula.

Body jet can be connected to a so called "lipocollector" system and it is ideal for use in fat transfer.

We have observed take rates to be around 70-80% constantly, some publications do even report higher values.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Body Jet Liposuction

+1

The body jet utilizes a spray of water to gently remove fat.  It can be done completely under local anesthesia.  It's main advantage is the it is gentler than traditional liposuction and it can spare small blood vessels and connective tissue.  This results in less bruising and swelling and thus faster healing.

Also, because it is gentler, we can use the fat removed with the body jet and transfer it to other parts of the body. In our practice we call this Natural Fill and we use it in the face, hands, breasts and buttocks.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Body Jet - The latest tool for removing fat

+1

Body jet is the newest tool in our arsenal to remove fat safely and efficiently. It employs a high pressure stream of fluid to infuse fat and prepare it for immediate removal. Theoretically, it has the following advantages:

• Improved safety with less local anesthetic absorbed into tissues.
  • More precise contouring because less fluid is injected to obscure details.
  • Gentler removal of fat due to action of the fluid to loosen the fat.
  • Ability to perform liposuction on large areas under local anesthesia.
  • Less pain.
  • Quick recovery.

Having used the system for the past 3 months, it has genuinely surprised me in its ability to remove moderate amounts of fat very precisely. It also did an excellent job with skin retraction, especially along the abdomen and inner thighs.

However, the most pleasant aspect was the experience reported by our patients. Uniformly, they related very little discomfort with moderate to large areas of fat removal.

In general, it adds another option to our offerings of ultrasonic-assisted, laser-assisted, and power-assisted liposuction.

One additional bit of advice  for those considering liposuction, the tools are only as good as the surgeon who uses them. The best tools cannot replace good training, sound judgement, and good patient selection.

Best Regards,

KC

Kirk A. Churukian, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Body Jet is Water Assisted Liposuction from Germany

+1

Water assisted liposuction is a very gentle way to remove unwanted fat precisely.  All other tissue is spared - vessels, connective tissue, etc.  The water dissects the fat from the surrounding tissues.  It is done completely with local anesthesia.  My patients don't require pain medication or sedation, before or after.  Recovery is very quick with some working the same day of the procedure and not missing a day of work.  

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Ah the Europeons are coming!!

+1

I applaud innovation. That's what our country is based on. So does this new form of liposuction really make a difference? Let's take a look.

Body Jet or Water Jet Liposuction is a European technique that involves a cannula that has an inner cannula that infiltrates tumescent solution (usually lactated ringers plus epinephrine and local anesthetic) in a high pressure fashion into the fatty tissue. This is followed immediately by removal of the fat by the outer cannula that is the suction cannula. The claim by these companies is that there's less edema and less tissue distortion and therefore less contour irregularity.

Here's the thing. The epinephrine needs 7-8 minutes to work so although the swelling or edema might be less I think the bruising has to be worse.

The reality is to see a surgeon who does good work and doesn't need the latest gimmick to try to lure patients.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Body jet liposuction uses high pressure water jet to break up fat

+1

Body jet uses a pressure jet of water passed through a tube placed beneath the skin to break up the fat before liposuction is used to remove the fat. Proponents feel this technique is less traumatic because the fat is emulsfied before removal. The technique is more popular in Europe.

A newer technique to accomplish fat emulsification is the use of the laser to liquefy the fat. Both techniques aim to make fat aspiration easier by liquefying the fat before removal.

The laser also heats the tissues and causes skin tightening which is desirable.

I agree with Dr Stephens, that the most important thing is the skill of your surgeon. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in liposuction and trust his judgement as to the best technique for you. See before and after photos of laser liposuction skin tightening.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Avoid it. It is just marketing.

+1

Hi! In general, avoid any surgeon who promotes an operation with a brand name or a catchy title. Go to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery web site for a competent local surgeon. Unfortunately, what you hear about cosmetic surgery is about one third science and two thirds salesmanship.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Be more concerned of who the surgeon is.

+1

There are many techniques for performing liposuction. Most are just marketing hype with no clear advantage over accepted conventional techniques. The most important thing is who is doing the procedure not the technique they use. In the hands of a surgeon with weak skill or poor judgment, even the most high tech method could be a bust. Don't get seduced by the latest thing. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a consistent track record of good results and safety.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD