Fat Harvesting Through Body Jet Lipo for Buttock Transfer?

Is Body Jet Liposuction the new and improved method for fat harvesting? What kind of results can you expect after transferring the fat to the buttocks? Are the results permanent like the traditional method of fat harvest and centrifuge process? What about micro injections versus larger injections?

Body jet and fat harvesting

+1

Body jet is just another way to perform liposuction. As per harvesting fat, it is unclear if it adds any advantage than any other technique.

Does not add much addvantage

+1

This not a proven new technique and there is no comparison studies between this and other techniques. Fat injection does work and i been doing it for more than 10 years.

Fat injection works better using micro grafting technique.

Water jet was offered as a new technique for liposuction and the by product of the device was harvesting the fat.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Body Jet Lipo Could be Used to Harvest Fat

+1

But the real question is if it is gentle enough. Fat cells easily break open and I do not think there is any large experience with grafting fat using this technique.

Like most other plastic surgeons, I rely on gentle technique, low suction, and lower concentrations of medicine in the fluid when I am harbesting fat for transfer.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Options for fat harvesting and transfer

+1

I don't have any personal experience with the body jet but I am familiar with it. From what I hear is does a very good job of collecting and cleaning the fat to be used for transfer. However, traditional methods do very well also, so I doubt that any superiority cound be proven for how long the fat lasts when injected. Regardless of how the fat is harvested, it will do better if injected through small cannulas.

Richard Baxter, MD