Will a Body and Buttock Lift Help with the Appearance of Cellulite on Buttocks and Thighs?

I am 47 and have lost around 70 lbs. Due to age and weight I have loose skin on tummy, thighs and arms. I would like to know if having a Total body lift and buttock augmentation will help with the appearance of cellulite on my thighs and buttocks.

Cellulite can be challenging

+3

There are normal separations between pockets of fat in the thigh and buttocks that keep the fat from bunching up when you stand. Everyone has some cellulite and this is typically genetic (thanks Mom and Dad). Some surgical procedures can improve Cellulite to a degree, but invariably, there is usually some left afterward.

Based on your description, I agree that a procedure that excises excess skin is a much better idea than a liposuction procedure alone. Good Luck.

Cellulite and buttock lifts

+2

Buttock lifts do not really have a big impact on cellulite. It will elevate the soft tissues and loose skin.

Butt lift

+2

A buttock lift will raise the buttocks from the drooping.  Cellulite will not be improved by any current means.  They are two separate issues.

Body lift

+2

It sounds that you are a candidate for lower body and possibly upper body lift.

With lower body lift do not expect a major change in the cellulite. There is no good treatment for cellulite.

However the lift, when done properly will give you a great result to the body and the buttocks.

Cellulite on Buttocks and Thighs?

+1

Thank you for your question. The improvement in laxity of the skin will be most apparent. Cellulite improvement will be mild to moderate. Losing 70 pounds makes you a poor candidate for fat transfer to the buttocks. We see fat loss after transfer higher in patients who have lost significant weight in the past 6 months. This makes sense as the fat cells have been starved for 6 months. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and make a plan.  I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon