Body Built and Weight Before Brazilian Butt Lift

I know that before having Brazilian butt lift, you have to have be at a certain weight. But I was wondering how does this apply with to the body's natural built i.e., being more muscular or having more fat?

Brazilian Butt Lift surgery is about re-shaping the body

+2

Hi there-

The end result of the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is a body that has a beautifully improved shape, and not just a larger buttocks. This is an important distinction, because it is the judicious use of suction to reduce other areas in combination with augmentation of the buttocks that really leads to the best results.

Because it is this reshaping that is the key, and because the new shape will be maintained through changes in weight, your goal may still be available to you, depending on your current exam and what you are able and willing to do to achieve that goal. In other words, I have achieved excellent results in patients thought to be too thin for this procedure by having them first gain weight, performing the procedure, and then allowing them to lose the weight. While the weight loss does diminish the overall buttock volume, the new shape and proportions are maintained, meaning that the buttocks will still look larger in proportion to the rest of the body contour.

These are advanced principles, and I think it is very important that you find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or its equivalent, who has a lot of experience with this procedure.

Good luck!

Ideal weight for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

There is no correct weight or BMI that you need to have to undergo this procedure. The extremes of weight are never good (excessively thin or heavy). But the main thing is that you are at your "goal weight", even if this is not your "ideal body weight". This is mainly because if you gain or lose weight after undergoing the procedure, things may change somewhat. You wouldn't want to undergo this procedure then lose a lot of weight and watch your buttocks shrink along with the rest of your body.

Ideally, a small to moderate amount of excess fat around the waist line and a proportionally small buttocks is the best starting point. Being in good physical condition is always a great starting point before undergoing any surgery. Also the more muscle in your buttocks the better for this procedure!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Its more about your proportion and weight stability

+1

Patients who are significantly thin, or very overweight will not have the best results. Everybody ahs a different proportion, and the best candidates have some flattening of the buttocks and fullness in the waist and hips.

Reducing the waist and hips and using that fat for the buttocks gives the best results.

Your weight should be stable too, since large weight gain or loss after any kind of liposcupting can result in fat loss or deposition in unpredictable areas.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS