2 weeks after TT, I was feeling great. Last 5 days, I feel swelling & my period is about to come. Is that normal? (Photo)

I've my tummy tuck about 2 weeks ago and I was successfully recovering but 2 days ago I felt swelling in the belly area and I noticed that my pre menstrual cycle is about to come . I'm freaking out about it

Post op Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. What you are describing sounds fairly common. Swelling is normal for several months following a tummy tuck. The amount of swelling can change from day to day, even morning to evening, based on activity level, fluid shifts, etc. Are there any other symptoms which have developed in the last few days such a fever, nausea, change in appetite, drainage from the incision? I would advise you to contact your physician about your concerns, he/she may suggest that you come into the office for follow-up. Good luck

Columbus Plastic Surgeon