2 weeks after TT, I was feeling great. Last 5 days, I feel swelling & my period is about to come. Is that normal? (Photo)

I've my tummy tuck about 2 weeks ago and I was successfully recovering but 2 days ago I felt swelling in the belly area and I noticed that my pre menstrual cycle is about to come . I'm freaking out about it

Abdominoplasty recovery.

+1
Changes in swelling associated with your menstrual cycle is normal. If you surgeon prescribed postoperative garments, these may help control the swelling. There certainly is no reason to be alarmed. A quick call to your surgeon should reassure you and quell your anxiety.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bloating and swelling at the tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your picture. Here are result looks good at this point. The swelling that your feeling I s probably just retained water from your typical menstrual cycle. However follow it closely and if you have a questions contact your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Post-Op Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question and photo. Swelling is normal post-op and will continue in an ebb and flow pattern for up to a year after an abdominoplasty. Make sure to follow up with your surgeon for all your post-op appointments!

David Cangello, MD

Swelling is normal

+1
when you have your cycle is normal to get swollen in some areas and after a procedure like the one you already had you can be sure you will be more swollen as you are currently full of liquids, please be patient and try to let this time go away, you will see final results in 4-6 months. Best Wishes!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Swelling post op

+1
stop freaking out.  you have a really nice result. your menstrual swelling is just a temporary inconvenience.  be patient it takes 6 months for the final result

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Post op Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your question. What you are describing sounds fairly common. Swelling is normal for several months following a tummy tuck. The amount of swelling can change from day to day, even morning to evening, based on activity level, fluid shifts, etc. Are there any other symptoms which have developed in the last few days such a fever, nausea, change in appetite, drainage from the incision? I would advise you to contact your physician about your concerns, he/she may suggest that you come into the office for follow-up. Good luck

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Postop Swelling

+1
Congratulations on an excellent result. Your swelling and bloating are normal with postop recovery and your menstrual cycle. Each week and each month will be better. Best wishes on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge final results

+1
Swelling is normal after any procedure. It can take the body anywhere from 6 months to a year to fully recover and to see final results from this type of procedure. I would not dwell on these changes, but consult with your physician to ensure there is no bigger problem.

Swelling can wax and wane for many weeks after in abdominoplasty.

+1
The body tends to hold on to fluid immediately after an operation. This process can wax and wane for weeks after the procedure. Which are experiencing is quite normal.

Post Op Tummy Tuck

+1
What you describe seems entirely normal after a tummy tuck. Check with your surgeon to ensure that nothing else is going on. It is normal to have swelling come and go for several months after an abdominoplasty.

Donald Griffin, MD