Do I need to go to a board certified surgeons to get Brazilian butt lift or can I just go to a Cosmetic surgeon?

Hi I was I go thin king to get a Brazilian butt lift But can to cosmetic surgeon or must board certified surgeon? Also I am worry about any harmful risk since I am 26 yr old and have not had children yet not sure if that may have any harmful effects when I do decide to have children. Please give me some advice. Thank you.

Board certified

+1
Make sure that your surgeon is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
This ensures that your surgeon is qualified to perform the procedure.  Once you have narrowed your search to board certified plastic surgeons, then you should go to the one you are most comfortable with.

Board certified surgeon for fat transfer

+1
You should certainly have any plastic surgery procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon; the American Board of Plastic Surgery is what you should look for. Meet with several surgeons before making you decision and try not to use cost as a factor when making this important decision.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

+1
If you want safety in any aesthetic surgical procedure, it is best to go to a board certified plastic surgeon - which means they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  There is NO legitimate such thing as "Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon" - anyone can use that title - dermatologists, gynecologists (seriously!) or dentists - this has unfortunately resulted in lots of patients being misinformed and having problems. 

The best combination:  a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience and who genuinely cares about your result.

For your sake, don't accept anything less.  Best of luck!!!

Ghada Afifi, MD

+1
    I think that a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience gives you the best chance of having the procedure performed well the first time.

"Cosmetic surgeons" are not real plastic surgeons.

+1
If the doctor you are seeing is not an American Board of Plastic Surgery-certified plastic surgeon, then you should not seek surgery from that person, as they are intentionally trying to make you think they have the full training and qualifications of a "real" plastic surgeon.

These doctors are often Dermatologists, Family Practice physicians, OB/GYN, general surgeons, and doctors of other specialty training, including a few fully trained plastic surgeons, many of which failed certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). They created their own "Board," the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, as a way of avoiding having to tell their patients their actual training in these non-plastic surgery specialties.

The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) is a "parent organization" that includes 24 member Boards, including the American Board of Neurosurgery, the American Board of Emergency Medicine, the American Board of Surgery, the American Board of Family Practice, the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Plastic Surgery, etc.

The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is NOT an ABMS member board.

Many would call this a "bogus board" since it's primary role is to attempt to fool the public and legitimize non-plastic surgeons who do not want to identify their actual training to prospective cosmetic surgery patients. They would deny this, but why else join a non-ABMS "board" when most of these doctors have ABMS member board certification in Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, ENT, etc.? Would most patients actually go to a family practitioner for a facelift? Or a Dermatologist for breast implants?

Actually, would you consider having your baby delivered by a plastic surgeon? Or an open-heart surgery by a plastic surgeon? Of course not. So why would you have a BBL by a cosmetic surgeon who will almost certainly try to talk you into the "improved safety" of a non-general anesthetic operation!

Yet that is precisely what these doctors of non-plastic surgery training would have you believe is not only appropriate, but even ironically "safer" than plastic surgery by a real plastic surgeon who uses real anesthesia. Since these wannabee "cosmetic surgeons" cannot obtain surgical privileges at a hospital or surgical center without credentials approval and peer review, they use local anesthesia (and sometimes sedation) in their offices (almost never accredited or adherent to any safety standards) to avoid these standards of safety and accreditation.

"Real" plastic surgeons are REQUIRED by our professional society rules to operate ONLY at fully accredited facilities, even those in a private office setting. So you have the safety and accreditation of not only the surgical facility and anesthesia provider, but also the ABMS-member American Board of Plastic Surgery certification of your surgeon.

So if you would consider having your future children delivered by anyone other than a fully-trained and American Board of OB/GYN-certified obstetrician, then perhaps you are foolish enough to obtain BBL from a "cosmetic surgeon."

Since you are wise enough to ask the question, I trust you have the wisdom to see only American Board of Plastic Surgery-certified plastic surgeons, not "board-certified (in WHAT?) surgeons" or "Cosmetic surgeons." Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Who should do your butt lift

+1
ABSOLUTELY!!!! YOU MUSY GO SEE A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON!!!! You can find one locally by going to the ASAPS or ASPS websites.  A cosmetic surgeon believe it or not can be an internist without the education and training of a plastic surgeon.

+1
The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Mel T. Ortega, MD