BMI is still high at a 34. Can I still get TT and lipo? Can't lose weight no matter what I do! (Photo)

I had gastric sleeve sx 14 months ago and I've lost 80+ pds but for the last 6 months I've been stuck at 186 and I'm 5'2. I still work out 5 days out of the week I eat small portions but healthy.But I just can't lose more weight I don't know what else to do!!! Plus I hate all that skin and fat on my abdomen!I've tried changing my workouts my diets everything!No success. I got opinions from 2 ps and they said to go ahead and get the tt. All my fat is in the middle of my body. My arms and legs are thin

Tummy tuck with high BMI

+2
Your best advice will always come from a formal consultation with a well qualified (board certified plastic surgeon; member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons) and experienced surgeon.  Seems like you have gotten consistent advice and hopefully from well qualified surgeons.   While most of us might say that ideally body contouring is done when patietn BMI is less than 30, most of us have had excellent results with patients in situations sililiar to you - significant weight loss with a stable BMI of 30-35.  Ask to see post op photos of patients with BMIs in this range. 

TT

+2
Thank you for the photos and I would follow the advice of those PS that have already seen and examined you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

BMI is still high at a 34. Can I still get TT and lipo? Can't lose weight no matter what I do!

+2
Looking at your photos, you are not an ideal candidate for a one stage procedure. What I do with patients who present with a similar body habitus, is liposuction under local anesthesia first. This way, one can remove 14 liters of fat in two sessions. 6 months after the second liposuction I do the abdominoplasty with additional liposuction if needed at that time. Your results of body contouring will be superior to a one stage surgery which will leave you fat and with a very long scar. See a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in taking care of patients with similar condition as yours. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+2
  These are always instances that should be considered on a case by case basis.  While this may not be an ideal weight for a tummy tuck, it may contribute significantly to your quality of life.

BMI is still high at a 34. Can I still get TT and lipo?

+2
You can get the surgery now, but the results would be dramatically better under a BMI of 30. Go to a weight loss specialist. You probably need some major dietary adjustments and may need counseling to achieve those changes. Then you will really get your money's worth from the surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD