Blurry Vision While Wearing Contacts After Sculptra

Will it go away? I had Sculptra injected under my eyes approximately 3 weeks ago. I swelled up very bad for almost a week (even the inner part of my eyes swelled by my nose). The second week my contacts are blurry after wearing them for about an hour. I find I have to take them out and rinse them almost hourly or I can't see. Is this normal? :( I've worn contacts for 15 years and never had an issue before until the Sculptra injections. My eyes water continually also now.

Sculptra around eyes not a good idea.

+1

The tissues around your eyes are very soft and delicate, and all fillers (or Sculptra, which is more of a biostimulant) can induce unwanted and fairly significant swelling when used in this area. Your vision can be affected by even a small amount of corneal swelling, and if your tear ducts have been blocked or narrowed by Sculptra around this area, your excessive tear retention could be enough to cause blurriness.

Recall just how little corneal changes can affect your vision when done intentionally as in Lasik surgery. It doesn't take much swelling from other causes to affect vision either.

The good news is that this usually resolves, but the bad news is that it can take a year or more. A trip to your ophthalmologist is definitely in order right now, as this needs to be assessed and a proper plan for dealing with the issue determined. Do NOT ask for Sculptra in the tear trough area! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/dr-tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tearing after Sculptra

+1

It sounds like your tearing ducts might be clogged from the injections. It could be from the material pushing around it. It also could be that shape of the orbit and/or its volume has changed and the lenses do not fit as well.

In any case you must see an Ophthalmologist, explain to them the problem. You should do it soon as Sculptra is now inducing growth of new collagen and your problem could get worst.

It is also possible that the problem was completely coincidental. An ophthalmologist should be able to give you a better idea.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon