Blurry and Fluctuating Vision One Week After Lasik

I had my Lasik performed on July 2 and and it is now July 12. I constantly have flucuateing vision and its really hazy in dim light and I cant drive at night because it looks foggy. I figured it could be because my prescription was so high. My left eye was -5.25 and my right eye was -4.25. I can see great close up but cant focus on anything distant. Is anything wrong or am I not giving myself enough time to heal?

Discuss concerns with your doctor

+1

It sounds like you may be a bit under-corrected. Please make sure to discuss your concerns with your doctor.

New York Ophthalmologist

Blurry and Fluctuating Vision One Week After LASIK

+1

It is not uncommon to have mild to moderate fluctuation in vision(better at one time of the day than another) for the first one to two weeks following Laser Vision Correction. This is typically a result of corneal swelling and will go away with a combination of time and continuing the postoperative eyedrops. You should be seeing tyour surgeon for a scheduled postop visit by week 2 or 3 so this can be discussed then. Any corneal dryness(more common in the winter months, and, again, temporary) can be measured and treated by your doctor.

Web reference: http://www.kameen.com

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

You Need to See Your Eye Surgeon

+1

Although it has only been one week since your procedure, most patients have fairly good distance vision at this point and you should go back to your eye surgeon for an evaluation.  Your prescription, while significant, is fairly commonly treated with LASIK and is not a very high prescription.  I suspect that you may have some dry eye or other cause for the blurry vision that needs attention.

Denver Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.