Blurred Vision After Having Lower Facelift/upper and Lower Eyes, What Can Be Done? (photo)

It has been 19months since my surgery. Shortly after the surgery my vision began to blur. It is so blured that I need reading glasses to eat dinner. I sometimes cannot recognize my son when he is on the court playing basketball. Is there anything my surgeon can do or arrange through another doctor to correct this? I am going to see him regarding the concern I have with indention between my eye and cheek bone and thought that would be the time to mention this as well. Vision is #1 concern

Blurred vision after face lift

+1

Usually persisting blurred vision after a face lift has nothing to do with the surgery and is related to the usual aging of the lenses causing opacification  (cataract) or stiffness (presbyopia,myopia) and can be diagnosed and treated successfully by an ophthalmologist.

The deformity of the cheek could best be evaluated by your initial surgeon.

Visual changes after surgery?

+1

I fyou are suffering from visual changes, you may want to get an exam by an ophthalmologist.  A facelift should not impcac your vision.

WIth all due respect, your visual changes may have absolutely nothing to do with your facial surgery.

+1

It is not at all appropriate to look to your facial plastic surgeon to address your visual changes 19 months after surgery.  Needing glasses is something that occurs to most of us and it would be so very unlikely to be related to the facial surgery.  It just so happens that our need for facial surgery occurs at a time in our life when other changes are occuring including visual changes.  I urge you to have a routine examination with your ophthalmologist.  Perhaps you simply need glasses.  I do agree you have other issues.  The dent is easily handled with an injectable filler.

Consult an Ophthalmologist immediately

+1

You need to consult with an eye specialist immediately. There is no reason for you to have waited this long if this was infact a problem. This cannot be speculated about or be given advice to on line. Please do not delay.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blurred Vision After Having Lower Facelift/upper and Lower Eyes, What Can Be Done?

+1

Why haven't you seen an eye specialist in OVER 19 months??? What is the waiting if you have a visual issue. Please seek eye evaluation ASAP!