Best Treatment for Blue Facial Veins?

What is the best way to treat blue veins in the temple area?

Blue facial veins

+2

My preference for blue facial veins is Nd:YAG laser.  I have had good success with it - though it may require more than a single session to resolve your veins fully.  I would recommend pre-numbing with topical anesthetic because without it, the procedure can be quite uncomfortable.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Blue facial veins can be treated with the ND-yag laser

+1

With topical numbing cream, blue facial veins can be treated with the nd-yag laser with good success.  It usually works better than pulsed dye.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

Nd-YAG Laser treatment for facial veins

+1

I agree that the Nd-YAG laser is the way to go for these types of facial veins. Topical anesthetics should be placed as recommended and after 15 minutes, you should be able to tolerate this treatment modality with little or no discomfort.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon