Blue Veins Above Eye, Extends to Hairline. Can I Do Anything?

On both sides of my head, above my eye I have veins, now they are not the traditional vein type, they look more like "dark" spots thicker at the bottom and as it goes up to my hairline it thins. If I pull the skin left a bit it does not really show. Looks like a very slight shadow. Can anything be done? Lasers? Fillers work at all? Scierotherapy seems horrible for face, do I need these veins? I don't want to die trying stuff. Its not a super big deal here but it would be nice to minimize.

Vein Treatment

+1

You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon who is the expert on eye related vascular issues.  They can advise on your risk profile for the procedure.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Forehead vein treatment

+1

These veins are common, and I often see them on patients with lighter complexions or who have low body fat.  It's difficult to say for sure what might be the best option without seeing you in person, but laser treatment may be a good option.  Also in some cases a simple minor surgical procedure may be necessary.  I would not recommend sclerotherapy in this area.  The bottom line is that this should not involve any high risk procedures.   I hope this helps answer your question.

John K. Wakelin III, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Blue Veins on Face

+1

I have treated blue veins around the eyes successfully with long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser.  Special care and expertise is required when performing this type of laser treatment in close proximity to the eyes. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon