Can Blue Peel Be Applied to Eye Lids and Under?

Am in the process od the prep creams. Will have the blue peel in two weeks. Also I forgot drs instructions. Can I put the obaji cream mixed with retin A on my lids? Thank u Lee in Dallas

Can blue peel be applied to eyelids and under?

+1
Yes. The blue peel is great for tightening the eyelid skin. However, in preparing for the peel, be careful not to get the nuderm and retin a products in your eyes.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Obagi Blue Pee for the upper and lower eyelids

+1

I prep patients with Melarase creams.  The Obagi Peel can be applied to the upper and lower eyelids to address loose skin and wrinkles. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

TCA can be used on eyelids, but I would not recommend a Retin A-like prep cream.

+1

Prep creams such as Retin-A break down the skin barrier and cause deeper penetration of the acid.  This is not necessary on the eyelids.  In fact, prep creams are probably not necessary at all because a few extra passes with the acid will accomplish the same result in the hands of an expert.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi Blue Peel and eyelids

+1

Retin-A (tretinoin cream) should not be applied to eyelids so you should not apply the Obagi mixture there. Eyelid skin is quite thin and sensitive so this combination of creams is too strong for this area. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon