Does Blue Light Therapy Work for Severe Stretch Marks?

I have severe stretch marks from my pregnancies 20 years ago. the stretch marks are deep and wide. Some are faded to silver and some are still a light red and/or purple. Would blue therapy even be an option for me and if so how many sessions?

Blue light for stretch marks

+1

It is doubtful that blue light (photodynamic therapy) works for stretch marks, and there is no good scientific logic for this result.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Strechmarks, blue u, will not work

+1

Unfortunatly, Blue U light will not correct strechmarks. However, strechmarks are harmless and will fade over time. Most other treatments are partially effective and most likely will not remove the strechmark completly.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Blue light won't work for stretch marks

+1

Stretch marks are difficult to treat.  Certainly a blue light won't help.  I have had mild success with using the 1550 nm laser of the Fraxel Dual.  It takes several treatments, 3-5, and results will not eliminate them, but make them look better.  Vbeam I've been told can be used as well, alone or in combination.

Steven F. Weiner, MD