Does Blowing the Nose a Lot Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

It's been 3 month and one week post-op, caught a cold, blowing my nose a lot, blew my nose one time like before surgery (a pretty much strong blow, vibrating the inside of the nose) [didn't hurt] did i damage my final result?

Blowing Your Nose 3 Montrhs after Rhinoplasty

Although your nose is not completely healed 3 months after Rhinoplasty, the nasal lining is intact and the bones and cartilages are stable. It would take a significant traumatic force to cause problems;  blowing your nose, regardless of how hard, will not affect your surgical result.

Blowing your nose after rhinoplasty

It should be safe to blow your nose 3 months after surgery. I don't think you did any damage. Don't worry.

Blowing Your Nose After Rhinoplasty

I do not allow my patients to blow their nose for at least 3-4 weeks after rhinoplasty. Also, I have them use a significant amount of sterile saline spray type rinses for irrigation of the nose about 3-4 times per day. If one has had nasal septal surgery done concomitantly with cosmetic surgery one should not blow their nose for at least 3-4 weeks.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Blowing nose 3 months after rhinoplasty will have no permanent effect on outcome

Your nose should be quite stable 3 months after a rhinoplasty despite the presence of swelling still present. Blowing your nose to a considerable degree at this point in time should have no impact on the long term result of surgery. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Nose blowing after rhinoplasty

During the first few weeks after rhinoplasty I usually suggest gently using a mosit q-tip after showring to gently clean the nose. But at three months you should be clear to blow away if everything has healed.

Nose blowing after surgery is fine.

Dear ElyMercy, It's fine to blow your nose 3 months after surgery.  I advise my patients not to for the first 2 weeks as it may cause bleeding and for the next 2 weeks very gently.  The 3month window puts you well into the healed category altho you may not see the final results for another 6 to 9 months.  Enjoy your new nose, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton.

No harm to your nose from blowing it hard.

It has been 3 months since your surgery and the healing internally is strong.  Even blowing your nose very strongly will not disrupt this healed tissue.  You can be assured that you are OK.