Can Blowing the Nose Really Hard After 6weeks Affect Rhinoplasty Results?

It's been 6 weeks and 3 days post-op rhinoplasty surgery, blew my nose in a hard way, and it vibrated (same way as before surgery) i am concerned that the vibrations ruined my rhinoplasty results/When can i no longer worry about anything affecting my rhinoplasty results?

Blowing your nose at 6 weeks should not affect final result

+1

Thank you for the question.  I doubt that you can do any permanent damage by blowing your nose at 6 weeks following your rhinoplasty.  This is especially the case if no bleeding, pain, or shape change has occurred.

Dr. Remus Repta

Nose blowing 6 weeks after rhinoplasty should have no effect.

+1

Check with your surgeon first, but I see no reason why you would not be able to blow your nose 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty.

Safely blowing your nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

It takes 6 weeks for the bones of the nose to heal after rhinoplasty. The initial healing of the soft-tissues are also complete by 6 weeks, although varying degrees of swelling will last longer. Ideally, you would avoid blowing your nose until you are past the 6 week mark, as is the case with you.

Ramin Behmand, MD