What kind of nose job should I get and how much would the cost be? (photos)

I always wanted to get a nose job I seen how better Alicia keys , Kelly Rowland and Beyoncé looks with one. I'm 19 turning 20 next year

Nose job options

+1
Each individual is different.  Some folks only need a little surgery.  One may need cartilage trim. One may need in-fracturing. One may also want to reduce the projection of the nose. Sometimes operating on one part of the nose may effect another part. Best to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Visit with a few. Take a look at the before/after photos. Ask your questions. Together, you should be able to garner a plan to achieve your goals. The cost may depend on many factors, including the complexity of your nose, time spent in the OR, the city that you live in.

What kind of nose job should I get and how much would the cost be?

+1
The  appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive ethnic rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon(otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Fees vary depending on the extent of the procedure, location of the surgical practice, and experience as well as the reputation of the surgeon.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You need an exam

+1
Once your braces are off, you should consult a facial plastic surgeon.  You need to  come to the exam with a list of the characteristics of your nose that bother you.  Fees vary from about $4000 to $10,000.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Always best to obtain ONLY IN PERSON opinions! Fee from $4,500 to $8,500 for rhinipolasty surgery... /

Rhinoplasty

+1
Narrowing the nose I think in your case may soften the appearance. This can be done at all levels of the nose but an exam in person is essential.

+1
  The tip, bridge, and nostrils can be refined and narrowed if that is what you desire.

African American rhinoplasty candidate to narrow a wide nose

+1
The photographs demonstrate a large wide tip and nostrils.  To narrow the tip, a tip rhinoplasty is performed which involves suture techniques and cartilage grafts to give more projection to the tip and narrow it. An alar plasty is performed to narrow the wide nostrils. Osteotomies of the nasal bones can  narrow the bridge line, and sometimes a cartilage graft is also placed across the top of the bridge to increase the height. For many examples of rhinoplasty and our price list, please see the link below

Nose surgery

+1
shamykins, it certainly does appear that you could benefit from a rhinoplasty and possibly alar rim surgery to follow.  It is key for you to search for several facial plastic specialists with experience in non-Caucasian rhinoplasty.  I would suggest you find doctors who have at least 10 years experience and asked them if they feel comfortable and have experience doing rhinoplasty on patients with her ethnic background.  Hopefully this helps good luck !

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty- what kind

+1
Caucasian and non-Caucasian rhinoplasty two different operations. In Caucasian rhinoplasty, the nose is often reduced in the bony area and also in the cartilage area because the nose is too big and sticks out. In the non-Caucasian ethnic rhinoplasty, the opposite is often true. The dorsum, or bridge of the nose does not project very much and the nostrils are often wide and the tip is often ill-defined.
In non-Caucasian rhinoplasty, cartilage is Often required to augment and better define the nasal tip. The nostril bases are often reduced using an alar inch technique.
You should select a rhinoplasty surgeon who has a great deal of experience in non-Caucasian or ethnic rhinoplasty. I've attached several sites where you can see this type of work.
Best regards, Dr. DelVecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD