Bloody Mucous Coming out of Nose 5 Days After Rhinoplasty?

It's been 5 days since I had a combined rhinoplasty/septoplasty and I assume it was a fairly big operation because I had a fairly big nose. I've noticed that today, day 5, I've been producing a lot more bloody mucous than I was yesterday or even the day before then. Is this normal or have I somehow got an infection. Also I've been wearing a gauze under my nose since the OP but I took this off today. This is only in my right nostril by the way. My swelling is a little less in the right one too.

Blood & Mucous After Rhinoplasty

+1

What you're describing sounds relatively normal following a rhinoplasty. It's very common for patients to experience some bleeding, swelling, and inflammation with mucous in the weeks following your procedure. If you feel that the problem is getting worse, it's always a good idea to contact your plastic surgeon to follow up on your healing process and to make sure there is no infection.

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

By 5 days after surgery usually the amount of bleeding is minimal.  Safest thing to do is to follow up with your surgeon.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD