Is Bloodwork is Mandatroy Before a Tummy Tuck and Bbl?

Hello well i got my clearance from my dr on a tummy tuck and bbl i have n0n active mild lupus my test revealed the titer has gone down by 9 points in 6 months since ive been diagnosed in the beginning of march my dr gave me my regular blood work he suggests i take to monitor my condition and that was thru my dr office for his records everything was Great!but im concerned now cause ive paid for my surgery and have had my pre op visit The plastic surgeon hasnt requested any bloodwork..is this right?

Pre operative lab tests

+1

I routinely get a blood count prior to surgery. But not all surgeons do. It doesn't sound like you have recently had the blood tests you need and I see no reason to get further blood tests in your case.

Pre-operative medical history and examination prior to elective plastic surgery

+1

A thorough review of a patient's medical history is mandatory prior to any surgical procedure but especially pertinent when considering an elective cosmetic surgical procedure.  If you have had recent medical exam and blood work make this available to your surgeon so he can determine if you are a good candidate for this major procedure.  

Blood work for surgery

+1

What you are having is real and major surgery and it is reasonable and wise to have blood work within a month of surgery. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Blood Work Before Aesthetic Surgery

+1

Blood work required before any surgery is usually best determined by the anesthesiologist and by your medical history.  I always have the anesthesiologist order pre-op tests so I don't order any unnecessary tests.

John Whitt, MD

Blood Work Before Surgery

+1

Every office has different procedures and policy.  My procedure would be to communicate with your MD managing your Lupus and get any blood work they thought was necessary.  Typically I would get a blood count and chemistry blood work.  I would ask your PS directly what blood he/she believes is necessary.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Blood work before any operation is at the discretion of the people who are responsible for the well-being of the patient.

+1

A tummy tuck is a physiologically significant operation. Any associated medical condition would probably prompt the anesthesiologist or surgeon to check preoperative blood work.

Blood Work prior to Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Given your concerns, call your plastic surgeon and ask about the blood work concerns that you have. You will have a direct/precise response as opposed to non-specific responses that you will receive online.