Blood Stains 2 Days Post Op Breast Augmentation. Is This Normal? Please Answer, I'm Freaking Out. (photo)

I am so nervous. I suddenly see these blood stains. I have had a swelling chest, so doctor told me to remove the surgical bra for a few hours each day. I wonder if the tightness of the bra aggravated it? Is this normal??

Blood Stains 2 Days Post Op Breast Augmentation. Is This Normal? Please Answer, I'm Freaking Out.

+2

Dear randomchick,

Thank you for your post. It is quite common to develop bruises after breast augmentation, or any other surgery for that matter.  In fact, these bruises can often travel down with gravity to an area well below the operative site.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon as indicated.

best wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Normal bruising pattern after a breast augmentation

+2

You are developing a minor degree of bruising and it is not unusual for this to occur a few days after surgery.  Nothing to be concerned about as long as your breasts are relatively soft and the breast are about the same size.  

+2

Relax, this looks like a bruise. If you have questions that concern you about your recovery, the best reassurance will come from your own surgeon. All the best. 

Blood Stains 2 Days Post Op Breast Augmentation.

+1

In the absence of other signs or symptoms - such as fever, chills, sweats, asymmetry, frank bleeding from the incisions - it looks like these are small bruises that are not uncommon.  If so, they should lighten on their own over the next few days and eventually disappear.  Either way, you should contact your PS to touch base and, if necessary, be seen earlier than your scheduled post-operative visit.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Bruising after breast augmentation will fade away in time.

+1

I see nothing in the provided photographs that are alarming. Bruising after breast augmentation occurs and is self-limited.

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Hi

I really wouldn't worry about this minor amount of bruising. Quite common and it will resolve in the next 2 weeks.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1

Only IN PERSON examination would allow us to give a more definitive diagnosis!! Best to be seen ASAP///

Bruising

+1

good afternoon!

Looking at your photos, it appears that you have a bruise- not uncommon after augmentation surgery, especially submuscular augmentation.  I would let your PS check, but it appears from your photos to be a standard bruise and should be of little concern.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD