Blood in Urine 3 Weeks After Augmentation Surgery?

Augmentation 3.5 weeks ago. Noticed blood in urine about a week ago, along with occasional flu like symptoms that went away after about 3 days. Yesterday right breast started to tense up (think charlie horse that stays all day!) and now is almost double the size of left. Surgeon says he's never seen this and wants to go in and wash out the area with a solution and see what's inside. He doesn't feel blood in urine is related. I read that with muscular trauma this can be normal. Is it??!!?

Augmentation and blood in urine

+2

The blood in your urine should be worked up, but it is probably unrelated to the fluid collection in your breast.

+2

The size change is alarming and suggests possible hematoma (blood collection) in the right breast. Surgeon's plan is correct. 

I don't think I can see a relationship to the blood in the urine, and that symptom should be evaluated by your primary physician. All the best. 

Blood in the urine is not related postoperatively to breast augmentation.

+2

I can't imagine how breast augmentation could generate hematuria. It's possible that if a Foley catheter were placed which would be unusual for breast augmentation irritation to the bladder might have occurred. Allow your surgeon to sort out the cause of the problem.

Blood in urine post augmentation

+2

The blood in the urine is not likely related to the breast augmentation procedure, especially three weeks postoperative.  It is more likely related to yournurinary tract (kidneys, bladder, etc).  The increase size of one breast at this stage should be left to your surgeon to evaluate and address as you are doing.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

See your doctor

+1
You should see your doctor (not surgeon) to check this out. Your surgeon is probably right about this being unrelated however it could be indication of a urinary tract infection or something else.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1

I dont think they are connected. Very severe muscle damage will not result in 'fresh' blood. You need to see a Primary Care Physician who can investigate this. Regarding your sudden increase in breast size, your Surgeon has a plan which sounds like the right one

All the best

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon