Blood Blisters from Surgical Tape Have Now Left Raw White and Red Patches

I am 2 1/2 week post op after replacement of saline implants. Surgical tape has caused large blood blister on chest. They have not popped and I am continued to treat with antibiotic cream. The skin under the popped blisters are white and red. Will these result in permanent scars or will they ever come back to close my skin color?

Scarcare...

+1

Occasionally tape will cause blistering and often these spots have temporary changes in pigmentation.  The good news is that areas almost always return to normal.  I would make sure your surgeon has seen the areas and ask him/her what products to use on them to make sure that they leave the smallest color change possible.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon