I Have a Blood Blister Formed over a Capillary Under my Eye, and the Broken Capillary is Much Larger. Will It Go? (photo)

Had my 5th session of IPL for rosacea on my face on Tuesday, it is now Friday afternoon. I am fine with swelling and coffee grounds, they will go down, but this is the first time I have had anything like this. Will it go away by itself, and if not, what am I going to do about it? There is a pimple shape which is raise 9blister?) and then the blood lines benind it are bigger and redder, not brown. I am very concerned.

Blood blister after IPL

+2

While uncommon, this can happen, especially to people with significant rosacea. What happens is that the IPL heats the blood in the broken capillaries and rather than be absorbed into the body and go away, you instead have a blood blister that forms. It's very important that you don't pop or poke this area. While it's unfortunate and may take awhile, it will go away. 

Herpetic outbreak after laser treatment

+1

Although it’s rare, a herpetic outbreak can happen after laser treatment and it can be treated with oral medication. If this is just a superficial skin reaction, sometimes topical hydrocortisone can be applied. It is difficult to tell from the photograph. I would go back and check with the doctor.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

I Have a Blood Blister Formed over a Capillary Under my Eye, and the Broken Capillary is Much Larger. Will It Go?

+1

Best to return to the treating doctor fore IN PERSON examinations. Very hard over the internet to diagnose and treat.