Blonde Lashes and Blue Eyes - Will Latisse Work for Me?

will latisse work for making my lashes darker?

Latisse works even for blondes

+1

Latisse make lashes long, thicker and darker regardless of hair color. Just be aware that there is some risk of brown pigmentation of the iris in people with light eyes. This side effect was not noted in Latisse clinical trials but in patients who used a Lumigan, an eye medicine with the same active ingredient which was put directly into the eye.

Yes, Blondes have good results with Latisse

+1

I am blond and green-eyed myself, and I have been using Latisse for over 2 years with excellent results and no pigment change to the iris portion of my eyes.  It should make your lashes longer, darker, and greater in number over about a 4 month period of use.  I do caution patients that brown iris pigmentation is a theoretical possibility, but the actual occurrence of this is very small.  No iris pigmentation change was noted in the Latisse clinical trials for FDA approval. 

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse works on lashes

+1

YES, the reason I started offering Latisse in our ofice,  was precisly because of the changes I saw in patients with very light lashes (before Latisse) developing noticeably thicker lashes after several months of Latisse.  So I would give it a try.  All the best, Dr. Vartanian.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse~ Excellent for extreme lashes

+1

Latisse has shown amazing results in our patients for longer, thicker and darker lashes.  As of yet, I have not seen one patient that has tried Latisse that hasn't had a dramatic improvement in length and thickness.  If you have blond eyelashes, you will absolutely see lengthening and thickening but they may not darken to a significant extent.  For light-lashed patients who don't want to be troubled with mascara use, our aestheticians offer lash tinting which offers the perfect alternative to mascara and is an excellent compliment to make those new long sexy lashes really stand out.

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse in Blue Eyes

+1

Latisse was a drug initially used for patients with glaucoma. They put the drops IN their eyes. Some patients with lighter colored eyes experienced a "peppering" of their irises with this medicine. They also noticed darker, longer, thicker eyelashes... which is why it is now marketed for those results.

Latisse is applied ON the upper eyelashes just before bedtime. Allergan has not reported any patients using Latisse correctly (ON the uper eyelashes) to have had a peppering of their iris color. But because it is the same drug as that used for glaucoma, they have to report the same side effects. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Will Latisse Work for You

+1

The results from Latisse is not dependent upon your lash or eye color. You should still get good lash growth. It is possible that your lashes may get darker. In addition, you may read the warning about changes in iris color. This has occurred when bimatoprost (Lumigan) was used to treat the eye directly for glaucoma. However, I have not heard of any cases of Latisse, used as directed, causing changes in iris color. Finally, the skin of the eyelid might get darker with the use of Latisse. This is reversible when the medication is discontinued (changes in iris color is not reversible).

Relief Jones, III, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist

Latisse and blue eyes - proceed with caution

+1

Latisse can permanently change your blue eyes to brown eyes, but the chances of this are very low.

I photograph blue or green eyes in close up, start the Latisse and bring them back a week later for follow up photographs to make sure the eye color is not changing.  I have not found any cases in which this side effect has happened so far, but because it is possible, I am always on the lookout for it.

Lashes will definitely get longer, add mascara to darken.  This product works well.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

Lash results with Latisse

+1

The studies offered by allergan give you the best insight for your expectations.  78 % of patients respond to latisse by the fourth month, which means you have to stay with the product early even if you don't always see things right away (around 50% respond at 2 months).

The patients reported 25% longer, 18% darker, and about 20% thicker lashes. Total results were felt to be 106% more full.  Even if they do not darken, the lashes will be significantly more full.  Our patients love the response. 

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longer, thicker, darker lashes with Latisse

+1

Studies have shown improvement in length, thickness, and darkening of lashes across the research subjects using Latisse over 16 weeks.  The interesting thing is that some improvement occurred in those subjects using the control product without the active ingredient.  This peculliar finding demonstrates the power of placebo quite well.  Blonde follicles may not have as much darkening as the others, but the lashes will be able to carry more mascara for a great effect.  Blue eyes are exempt from the iris color changes that have been reported from intraocular exposure, this effect is rarely seen with proper application.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Latisse and darkening of eyelashes

+1

Latisse does not generally make eyelashes darker.  Nonetheless, its effects are marked in blonde and light eyed individuals as well since darkening by mascara in a blonde individual who has an increased number and length of eyelashes will make your lashes more noticeable.  If the density also increases, they may appear darker on their own, even if they are still blonde.   

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist