Blisters Around Nipple After Augmentation Normal?

Two weeks out of surgery. Under crease incision, but developed blisters around tape, they are healing. But now my nipples are sore and look like they might have blisters too...from wearing compression bra 24/7 and skin rubbing against it?

Blisters after nipple augmentation

+1

I agree with Dr. Gottlieb that you may need more padding and that you should re-evaluate the fit of your bra.  You may have a reaction to the surgical tape.  See your plastic surgeon for followup.

Blisters on skin by tape after breast augmentation

+1

Blisters on the breast skin near the tape is probably a reaction to the tape.  It sounds like you should see your surgeon to be evaluated. Often I take the tape off, but that is up to your doc.

Wound blisters after breast augmentation

+1

Blisters on the skin and the incision are most often related to sensitivity to the adhesive in glues, tape, and steri strips. Blisters should be cleaned and tape removed, raw areas covered with antibiotic ointment, and covered with a soft non abrasive dressing.

Blisters Around Nipple

+1

If your skin doesn't look normal at this stage, I would suspect that your bra may be too small, and a call to your surgeon would be appropriate. Padding the nipples and areolae with a thin layer of soft gauze will decrease the rubbing.

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.