Blisters After IPL

I had my ipl treatment for acne freckles on my back 6 days ago. First 2 days I didn't noticed any redness, but 3rd day skin was covered with red itchy blisters. Today is 6th day after treatment, and the blisters look smaller and darker but I still have them. Also there aren't any skin improvements.

IPL complication

+1

You should not typically experience any blistering after a treatment with an IPL device.  Without seeing the areas treated on your back it is difficult to assess whether you were treated appropriately for your skin condition.  Hopefully you have healed completely without any further problems.

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL not good for back acne scars

+1

We hope that you have since healed from this treatment.  While IPL is a device that has many potential applications, we think the one you are being treated for is not one of them.  

Dark acne scars on the back are better treated with hydroquinone bleaching creams or q-switched lasers.  Both of these choices would be more effective and safer than the IPL treatment you underwent.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/sunSpotsLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx