Blinking Excessively Worse 5 Days After Botox? (photo)

I had Botox injections 5 days ago (5 injections per side) and my blinking is not only worse today, but I am now experiencing excessive "slamming" shut of my eyes that I didn't have before the injections. It's very difficult to drive, as I'm sure you can imagine. I had this treatment 10 years ago for a 1-year span and don't really remember the treatment working "against" me as I feel this treatment just has. Is there still a chance the medication will kick in? Thank you so much!

Botox for essential blepharospasm

+1

It sounds as if you are implying that you have a history of essential blepharospasm, or spontaneous tight and prolonged blinking.  Ophthalmologists and oculoplastic surgeons are the specialists to see for this as opposed to neurologists usually.

Excessive Blinking Worsens After Botox Injection

+1

Hi,

I am sorry that you are enduring the excessive blinking after the Botox injections.

It is crucial that you consult a neurologist as well as have the physician/surgeon who administered your Botox injections in the loop of what you are experiencing.

Thank you for you inquiry and best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Blinking Excessively Worse 5 Days After Botox?

+1

Return to the injecting disc ASAP and seek eye doc, neuro doc evaluations ASAP. It sounds like a paradox issue to the BOTOX injection that needs medical attention. 

Blinking Excessively Worse After Botox

+1

I would consult with a Neurologist. I too have never seen this before and am not sure it is related to the botox treatment.

Tony Nakhla, DO
Santa Ana Dermatologist

Blinking Excessively After Botox

+1

Unfortunately it is very difficult to assess your condition based on your description and the pictures. I personally have never had a patient have a problem of excessive blinking after receiving Botox injections. If it persist, I recommend you contact your injector/physician immediately. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD