Cant Blink Because of Frontlis Sling Surgery?

i had a congential ptosis. but i had frontlis sling surgery 3 years ago. but now i noticed i cant blink on my operated eye. is there any exercise i could do to help me? and my non operated eye is single fold, so can i do double eyelid surgery to match my operated eye?

+2

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of a frontalis sling is that the eyelid might not close.  Usually this happens immediately after the surgery, not 3 years later.  Is this a new phenomenon or is it possible that it has always been there and you just didn't notice it?  Exercises do not usually help the eyelid blink, and if it does, it would probably loosen the eyelid and cause the eyelid to droop again.

It is possible to operate on the other eyelid to make the two eyelids symmetric. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is normal.

+2

In performing the frontalis sling, the upper eyelid is coupled to the frontalis muscle so that brow effort opens the eye.  WIth regard to making a double fold for the other eye, yes this should be possible.  If you privately email me, perhaps I can help you find a surgeon for this.  Please indicate where you live in your email.

Exercises are not helpful.

+1

This an area where you need the help of an oculoplastics surgeon.

Congenital ptosis surgery is quite complicated with many different considerations, with incomplete eyelid closure being a significant risk.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon