I Blew my Nose After Septoplasty, Should I Be Concerned?

2 weeks after my septoplasty and rhinoplasty I blew my nose a bit harder by accident. And I felt how the septum in the upper part moved a couple of times. When I blew my nose hard whey before the surgery, I remember that the same feeling of the septum like moving a couple of times to both directions... anyway should I be concerned ? I hope that the septum should be already fixed like 2 weeks post op, but please let me know ?

I Blew my Nose After Septoplasty, Should I Be Concerned

+1
It’s hard to answer your question without examining you. Anytime you feel movement shortly after surgery (even at 2 weeks) you should have it looked at by your plastic surgeon. You have invested a lot of time and money and it would be a shame for you to not get the best result possible. Go see your surgeon. Best of luck!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Do not continue blowing your nose and have your surgeon examine you.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I blew my nose after septoplasty, should I be concerned?

+1

In general, The following things should be avoid after a septorhinoplasty:

1) Overexerting yourself while you are healing
2) Bending with your head below the waist
3) Blowing the nose excessively

It is likely that blowing your nose did not cause any damage. We advise against it to reduce the chances of bleeding. The septum would not "move" from blowing the nose. I would avoid blowing the nose hard for the duration of your healing, and speak with your surgeon regarding any concerns. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blowing the nose two weeks after septoplasty will cause no damage.

+1

It's possible that some bleeding could be initiated by blowing the nose after septoplasty and turbinectomy but no physical damage will occur.

Nose blowing two weeks after surgery

+1

I personally tell patients not to blow their nose for at least 3 weeks. I suggest that they gently use q-tips to clean their nose after they shower.

Post rhinoplasty

+1

I would not blow the nose that hard.  You are still in the early post op period and things are healing.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD