Tightness Around the Eyes 1 Year After Lower Blepharoplasty

I had lower blephroplasty a year ago and still have tightness around my eyes is this normal and will it go?

Tightness 1 year after lower blepharoplasty

+1

Since it has been a year after the lower blepharoplasty, the tightness that you are feeling will probably not go away. It appears that this is probably going to permanent and will not go away.  

One year for complete healing after blepharoplasty

+1

Usually at one year the healing process has run its course.  If you have persistent unusual symptoms I would see your operating physician.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tightness around the eyes 1 year after lower blepharoplasty

+1

Interesting concern. I would seek opinions from boarded surgeons to examine you and discuss the results in detail.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Tightness around eyes 1 year after blepharoplasty

+1

Tightness around the eyes after cosmetic eyelid surgery is common for the first 6 to 8 weeks.  One year later is a little unusual, but it depends on the procedure and where you are feeling the tightness.  If your surgeon performed a procedure to remove fat, or skin/muscle and fat, then the eyelid might be sitting in a slightly lower position as compared to the pre-operative eyelid height.  

This can give the sensation of tightness, or what you are perceiving as tightness could be related to mild dry eyes. If the tightness is in the outer corner of both lower eyelids, your surgeon might have performed a procedure to "tighten" the tendon, a canthoplasty or canthopexy.  In this procedure the surgeon cuts the lateral canthal tendon ( tendon that anchors the eyelid to bone on the outside of the eyes), shortens the tendon and re-positions it to keep the eyelid at the same height or even slightly higher.  I would contact your surgeon, discuss your symptoms, and ask what you might be able to do to alleviate it.

Boaz J. Lissauer, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tightness in lower lids

+1

Tightness in the lower lid at one year is unusual.  Go see your surgeon and review the care and your concerns.

Blepharoplasty Tightness

+1

This is not a common complaint 1 year out from the surgery.  I would recommend that you see your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

"Tightness" around Eyes 1 year after a Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

You should NOT have eyelid tension a year after a Blepharoplasty. I suspect that you may have a scar contracture that may need to be revised. You really should see your surgeon.