Can I Have a Second Blephroplasty ?

Hello! I'm 16 years old and I had blepharoplasty about 3 months that costed me around $700 , the results I have is that both eyes do not match and my right eyelid and brow are still droopy and everyone says that my stitches are red and very obvious ... So My question is that can i have another upper eyelid surgery to make them perfect?

Yes, it is possible to have a second blepharoplasty.

+2

Occasionally it is necessary to do a corrective blepharoplasty or to do a second blepharoplasty after many years because of additional skin laxity.  In most cases this is not a problem and the healing seems to do as well as the initial surgery.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/EyelidSurgery.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Time for blepharoplasty revision?

+1

Like many of the others here have mentioned there are a few issues at play here:

1. It's hard to comment on your situation without seeing photos of your eyes
  2. An explanation of what was done during your blepharoplasty since you're only 16 years old. It is very unusual to have a blepharoplasty at that age.
  3. Attaining perfect symmetry in plastic surgery can be quite difficult. Very few people are perfectly symmetric to begin with.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/blepharoplasty

Revisional upper lid surgery

+1

It is impossible to tell without a photo and difficult to say without a personal examination. Blepharoplasty removes skin (and/or fat). You may have droopy eyelids (ptosis) which is unrelated to the skin issue. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Drooping after blepharoplasty

+1

i have so many questions..   why and what did you have done at age 16 ...    and who did this surgery for 700 dollars.  too many missing pieces to this puzzle

Revision blepharoplasty at age 16

+1

Hi.  Your post didn't explain the reason for the blepharoplasty.  16 is an extraordinarily young area for any such procedure and I don't think it would be wise to comment on prospects for revision without knowing the basis for the first surgery.  Eyelids, as with sides of the face, are not necessarily symmetrical.  This is part of facial structure.  With respect to the redness, you should return to your operating surgeon to make sure that your problem is surgical and not an allergic reaction.

Can I Have a Second Blephroplasty ?

+1

I think you may have some issues in having cosmetic eyelid surgery at your very young age. I recommend to wait 6 months at least and even than I would be very slow to approve additional surgery. 

Perfection after any cosmetic surgery is illusive.

+1

Most, if not all true cosmetic surgeons, try to give their patients perfect results. Perfection can vary from person to person and the variables behind pronouncing a result as perfect can be many and varied. Photos for us to see so as to be able to give you our best advice are missing. We might have thought you looked "perfect" already. I'd suggest you see a well trained plastic or oculoplastic surgeon and I'd wait probably for 1 year for the red scars to go away.  The red colour is probably just your normal healing response to the surgery. Also, I don't know of any   eye  lid surgery techniques that will correct a droopy eye brow............other types of surgery are done for the alteration of the eye brows although the surgery is sometimes done through an eye lid incision. Photos!!

Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Blepharoplasty?

+1

I am concerned about several points in your description. First,  it is somewhat unusual for a 16-year-old patients to undergo blepharoplasty surgery.  Second,  you are only 3 months out of your surgery; at this point the suture line is expected to be “red". Third,  you mention that you would like the upper eyelids to be “perfect” and this may never come to fruition.

I would suggest consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.  In general, it is in your best interest to stay away from further surgery until you are at least one year out of the initial  blepharoplasty procedure surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_eyelid.htm