Can I Have Blepharoplaty in One Eye for Drooping Left Eye?

I have my left eye shorter than the right one.i feel my left eyebrow are falling down and is heavy. i want to have eyelid surgery but am afraid having it on both my eyes will change my looks( even if it is better). Also i cant go to work with big scars. Please reply if surgery can be done on only one eyelid.

Correction of droop of one eyelid

+2

From your picture (which is not really adequate from which to make specific recommendations) you appear to have ptosis (droop) of the left eyelid and, perhaps, a small amount on the right. This is easily repaired by someone experienced with this type of surgery. Make an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon or Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon who does eyelid ptosis repair regularly.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral Blepharoplasty

+2

You can absolutely do one eyelid to correct unilateral drooping of the lid. Perhaps for more accuracy and getting the result as symmetrical as possibel, your surgeon may recommend both.

Surgery on one eyelid

+2

This is done all the time for unilateral problems. Looks like you have left upper lid ptosis. Sometimes after surgery on the left lid only can result in drooping of the right upper lid through something called Hering's phenomenon. We can predict whether this will likely happen during the consultation with your ophthalmic plastic surgeon.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sure, it is not so unusual to have eyelid surgery on just a single eyelid.

+2

However, a detailed personal consultation is needed to determine if this is your best option.  It is possible that fixing the one eyelid will mean that it is corrected and the other eye become more droopy.  This is a common situation and for this reason, it may be more advisable to have surgery on both eyelids.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Ptosis surgery

+2

Hi Anand, it seems that you have a mild ptosis in the left upper lid. It is difficult to tell with this picture if you also have a slight droop to your eyebrows, but in either case, you could be a candidate for a mild ptosis surgery.  I can not tell you without a proper oculoplastic examination whether you will only need surgery in your left eye; oftentimes, your other lid may also have ptosis and if this is not properly evaluated for prior to surgery, you can end up with a droopy right lid. This is a result of Herings law. 

Hope this helps and good luck.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid surgery can be performed on one eye

+2

From your photo it looks like you have ptosis of the left upper eyelid.  This does not come from extra skin or fat.  It is related to the functioning of the muscle that elevates your eyelid.  The treatment is call ptosis surgery and it is often performed on one side.  There are various ways to perform ptosis surgery.  The method used depends on the surgeon and the findings on your examination.

I would recommend a doctor who has a good deal of experience with eyelid surgery in light of the fact that this type of surgery is more advanced than a Blepharoplasty.

Hope this is helpful

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty for one eye

+1

Ptosis repair can be performed on a single unilateral eyelid to tighten the muscle on the sagging side.  If it is blocking vision this can be submitted to medical insurance out of medical necessity.  

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com