Why Does My Right Eye Still Not Match My Left After A Second Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I just had a second blepharoplasty on my right eye 2weeks ago and it still doesn't match my left. I can see the lid a lil bit better than before but the outer corner is hooded and puffy resembling a frog eye... Please can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix it.

Post blepharoplasty asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry is part of our normal appearance, but there are steps done during blepharoplasty that aim to minimize asymmetry post op.  So although we never achieve full asymmetry, we usually get improvement.  So in the end, it's possible to still have a difference between the two eyes.

What I think is more relevant is that you are only two weeks post surgery.  That's a time frame that EVERYONE will show asymmetric swelling.  So I would suggest you stay patient right now as much of your concern can resolve with simple time.  Revision surgery takes longer to resolve than your first surgery too.  So discuss this with your surgeon, and hang in there!  You have months to go before the final result.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

There should always be a difference between the eyes and lids. This is what makes us unique as individuals. Discuss this with your surgeon  Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)